The Rams did get some good news on both players(Kupp/Woods) after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I may come across as sounding stupid, but does getting knocked out mean you have a concussion?

Not answering your question, but Cooks "posed." Posing is a sure sign of a concussion or seizure. Posing is when you lift your arms while unconscious, in a "frankenstein" manner, as I understand it.

He landed, posed or was posing, it appeared, and then reacted when they went for the ball. It happens pretty quick.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not answering your question, but Cooks "posed." Posing is a sure sign of a concussion or seizure. Posing is when you lift your arms while unconscious, in a "frankenstein" manner, as I understand it.

He landed, posed or was posing, it appeared, and then reacted when they went for the ball. It happens pretty quick.
Good to see you my man...It's been a while.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I may come across as sounding stupid, but does getting knocked out mean you have a concussion?

Loss of consciousness is the key factor in grading the severity of a concussion.

3 grades: mild, moderate, severe.

Mild: no loss of consciousness, symptoms last less than 15 mins.

Moderate: no loss of consciousness, symptoms last longer than 15 mins.

Severe: Any loss of consciousness.

So Cooks suffered what they call a grade 3 severe concussion because he lost consciousness, even though very briefly. And he “posed” with his arms straight out, indicative of a knockout.

I really hope they are careful with Cooks... he better not minimize his symptoms if he is having any.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
...respect to the Seahawks medical staff who jumped out onto the field and practically shielded Cooks seemingly before the play was completely over for all players involved. That was nice to see.

I'm with you here, after such a disgusting hit their medical staff were instantly on the field, they knew that the hit was bad. It was good to see them there trying to help.

We need to start suspending defenders doing a blatant hit to knock out WR's..8 games?

He should have been ejected for the hit, with a post game review of the tackle, to me it was obvious that he went in for a "headshot" on Cooks, lowering his head and shoulder into Cooks, who didn't even know the hit was coming, full weight from shoulder to neck, head to head, with no arms is not a clean hit. This sort of hit should definitely be a minimum of a 4 game ban, without pay, but with the potential of a more severe ban depending on the hit, otherwise I can see fringe players being brought in to "take-out" opposition players.

what a horrible "tackle". let's call it what it was, a shoulder charge. if a player did that at speed like this in the national rugby league he would be suspended for weeks. if the nfl was worried about player safety it would ban this type of tackling. the only way players will learn how to tackle properly is to sit for a while and think about it while they lose game cheques.

It's the same in Rugby Union also, you can't do a shoulder charge, you have to use arms etc, I'm not quite sure of the actual law, but the NFL needs to review the table area - you can't have these "execution" style hits.