The Rams can't replace Aaron Donald. But Chris Shula, grandson of Don, has a plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why fans freak out so much over using timeouts.

If taking one avoids a potential disaster bc the QB and WR aren't on sync go or a delay penalty or seeing something on opponents D, go for it. That's what it's for.
C'mon, you know McVay uses timeouts like they're unlimited.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"You just thought I was gone." ~ AD, Week 8

View: https://i.imgur.com/DljCxAL.gif

Oh man... If AD popped up like some mid-match Undertaker reveal at WWE Summer Slam... I think we'd all lose our collective minds.

That said, I can't be on that train, cuz if it didn't happen, I'd be sooooooo disappointed...

I am kinda surprised that they didn't ask AD to come and do some mentoring ala Big Whit the year after he retired. That was amazing for AJ's development for sure.

I'm certain Turner as well as Brown and Fiske could really benefit from more exposure to AD, even in a mentoring capacity.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I am kinda surprised that they didn't ask AD to come and do some mentoring ala Big Whit the year after he retired. That was amazing for AJ's development for sure.
I would think AD has no interest in doing anything like that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would think AD has no interest in doing anything like that.

Yeah, I dunno. Just seems like it would be cool for the players and Big Whit did it as well.

Seemed more likely than AD returning mid-season, tho...

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah, I dunno. Just seems like it would be cool for the players and Big Whit did it as well.

Seemed more likely than AD returning mid-season, tho...
I don't believe AD is coming back mid-season or playoffs or at any other time. I think he's done. I just don't see how coming in to teach/coach Football would appeal to him. It definitely would be cool just don't see it happening.

Brasilrams

UDFA
Name
Victor Galvao
AD is a generational player. But he WAS slowing down last year . Compared to previous seasons he had HALF the sacks , half the tackles and zero FF ( his average was 3-4 per season ) . He still played really well but he was not the same guy that EVEN double and triple team couldn't stop . He got doubled / tripled a lot and that seemed to slow him down a LOT too while doubling him didn't slow him down one bit when he was at his prime ( 2018-2022 ) . Our pass rush overall was pretty weak last year . A bunch of teams rushed the passer MUCH better than we did last year . The addition of Fiske and Verse will improve this pass rush dramatically . I might say it will not only offset Ad's loss but our pass rush this year will be better overall than last year.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
AD should have stayed one more year.
I fact I believe this team as it stands right now with the draft we had would be better than if AD came back for one more year than if he just stayed.
If he did not retire we have a entirely different draft. More offense oriented I bet.
But if he did come back, our defense would be tremendous with the picks we had.
And still plenty of offense as it stands. A bruising offense plays perfectly with a great defense.
That,s it AD, come back and get one more ring !

swmizzou83

Starter
I wouldn't be shocked if AD came back but I don't expect it. Maybe if it seems like he is the one missing piece to make this team great he considers it but I really think he is done. He had no interest in playing while he was on the decline.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The only thing McVay needs is a "time outs" coach. Dude is a savant in all other areas.
I think he actually hired one this year.
Along with other duties of course.
Game manager consultant.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I hated to see AD go and it shocked me. But now with time to process it, in a way I’m glad. I don’t like seeing an all time great linger around being less than great and an average player for a few years picking up a paycheck. MJ, Shaq, Pujols, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Favre, Ali, etc.

Not to mention, we’d be paying AD at GOAT levels the next 2-3 years and it’s unlikely we’d get that type of performance going forward.