The Rams and Vikings have played in some pretty important games over the years.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
1969 Western Conference Championship
goalline+12_26_69.jpg

After having a 17-7 lead at halftime, Joe Kapp and the Vikings stormed back to take a 21-20 lead in the 4th quarter. Minnesota extended their lead with a safety, but Roman Gabriel moved the Rams into Viking territory late in the game. Unfortunately, Alan Page intercepted Gabriel with 31 seconds left.
23-20 Vikings.

1974 NFC Championship
74inches.jpg

Trailing 7-3 in the second half, the Rams drove 98 yards to Minnesota's 1 yard line. Los Angeles was set to take the lead; however, James Harris was intercepted on 3rd down. The Vikings marched down the field and added to their lead with another touchdown. The Rams responded with a score of their own, but Minnesota ran out the clock on LA's Super Bowl dreams. 14-10 Vikings.

1976 NFC Championship
flashback-friday-110615-pic.jpg

The Bobby Bryant returned a blocked field goal 90 yards for a Minnesota touchdown early in the game. The Vikings rode that momentum to a 17-0 lead, but the Rams responded with back-to-back touchdowns to cut the lead to 4. Pat Haden drove the Rams down to the Viking 39 yard line, but was intercepted on 4th down by Bryant. Fran Tarkenton quickly put the Rams away and sent the Vikings to their 4th Super Bowl appearance. 24-13 Vikings.

1977 NFC Divisional (The Mud Bowl)
mud2+12_26_77.jpg

After years of bad luck, the Rams seemed to turn the page by finally playing at home against the Tarkenton-less Vikings. After three straight days of rain, the field and players were caked in mud. The Vikings used this to their advantage by rushing over the Ram defense. Minnesota took a 14-0 lead and never looked back. 14-7 Vikings.

1978 NFC Divisional
fa222740fe7623d9a81800eef211461f.jpg

After going into halftime tied at 10, the Rams clamped down on the Vikings only allowing 59 yards of offense in the second half. LA cruised past Minnesota to finally put their Vikings playoff curse behind them. 34-10 Rams.

1999 NFC Divisional
bruce+1_16_00.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWr6pLYI1I

The St. Louis Rams (13-3) hosted the Minnesota Vikings (11-6) in the 1999 NFC Divisional playoff game on January 16, 2000. This was the first NFL playoff game ever played in St. Louis. In the days leading up to match-up, many analysts speculated that the inexperience and lack of regular season competition for the Rams would give Minnesota the edge. But on the first offensive play from scrimmage, St. Louis silenced their critics and set the tone for the rest of the game. 49-37 Rams.

2000 Week 15
33970775E.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9s-CiBZohA

The Minnesota Vikings (11-2) clashed with the St. Louis Rams (8-5) on December 10th, 2000 in a rematch of last year's NFC Divisional Playoff Game. After losing five out of the last seven games, the Rams desperately needed a victory to stay alive in the playoff race. The Vikings entered the on a four-game winning streak and needed only one more win to clinch the NFC Central Title & home-field advantage in the playoffs. After last week's debacle in Carolina, the St. Louis game plan this week was simple: Marshall! Marshall! Marshall! Marshall! 40-29 Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
1969 Western Conference Championship
goalline+12_26_69.jpg

After having a 17-7 lead at halftime, Joe Kapp and the Vikings stormed back to take a 21-20 lead in the 4th quarter. Minnesota extended their lead with a safety, but Roman Gabriel moved the Rams into Viking territory late in the game. Unfortunately, Alan Page intercepted Gabriel with 31 seconds left.
23-20 Vikings.

1974 NFC Championship
74inches.jpg

Trailing 7-3 in the second half, the Rams drove 98 yards to Minnesota's 1 yard line. Los Angeles was set to take the lead; however, James Harris was intercepted on 3rd down. The Vikings marched down the field and added to their lead with another touchdown. The Rams responded with a score of their own, but Minnesota ran out the clock on LA's Super Bowl dreams. 14-10 Vikings.

1976 NFC Championship
flashback-friday-110615-pic.jpg

The Bobby Bryant returned a blocked field goal 90 yards for a Minnesota touchdown early in the game. The Vikings rode that momentum to a 17-0 lead, but the Rams responded with back-to-back touchdowns to cut the lead to 4. Pat Haden drove the Rams down to the Viking 39 yard line, but was intercepted on 4th down by Bryant. Fran Tarkenton quickly put the Rams away and sent the Vikings to their 4th Super Bowl appearance. 24-13 Vikings.

1977 NFC Divisional (The Mud Bowl)
mud2+12_26_77.jpg

After years of bad luck, the Rams seemed to turn the page by finally playing at home against the Tarkenton-less Vikings. After three straight days of rain, the field and players were caked in mud. The Vikings used this to their advantage by rushing over the Ram defense. Minnesota took a 14-0 lead and never looked back. 14-7 Vikings.

1978 NFC Divisional
fa222740fe7623d9a81800eef211461f.jpg

After going into halftime tied at 10, the Rams clamped down on the Vikings only allowing 59 yards of offense in the second half. LA cruised past Minnesota to finally put their Vikings playoff curse behind them. 34-10 Rams.

1999 NFC Divisional
bruce+1_16_00.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWr6pLYI1I

The St. Louis Rams (13-3) hosted the Minnesota Vikings (11-6) in the 1999 NFC Divisional playoff game on January 16, 2000. This was the first NFL playoff game ever played in St. Louis. In the days leading up to match-up, many analysts speculated that the inexperience and lack of regular season competition for the Rams would give Minnesota the edge. But on the first offensive play from scrimmage, St. Louis silenced their critics and set the tone for the rest of the game. 49-37 Rams.

2000 Week 15
33970775E.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9s-CiBZohA

The Minnesota Vikings (11-2) clashed with the St. Louis Rams (8-5) on December 10th, 2000 in a rematch of last year's NFC Divisional Playoff Game. After losing five out of the last seven games, the Rams desperately needed a victory to stay alive in the playoff race. The Vikings entered the on a four-game winning streak and needed only one more win to clinch the NFC Central Title & home-field advantage in the playoffs. After last week's debacle in Carolina, the St. Louis game plan this week was simple: Marshall! Marshall! Marshall! Marshall! 40-29 Rams.

Painful memories, but god ones too!! This is a great Post and should be "Pined" to the Top of our Talk section all the way up to game Time!!

Management, what do you think!? ( or we can just keep "Bumping It")

Anyway, Great post Leuzer!!(y)(y)

I always loved the blue and gold ram Uni's and helmets until they changed them after your super bowl win. Second in my mind to my Vikes...but I am biased. The 70's was just a great football decade. Growing up and loving football with the big 6. Vikings/Rams/Cowboys/Steelers/Raiders/Dolphins. Great hearing Madden/Summerall on those videos also, like entering a time machine.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Was just watching the 76' game on YouTube. Was looking for the 74' playoff game because that is the 1st Ram game that I can clearly remember watching, although I know I was a fan before that because I remember being excited waiting to watch that game.

But weird that I don't remember any games before that... I was 7 yrs old, but still I can't even recall the playoff game before that.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was waiting for fhis post.
Mostly pain.
The Rams are 3-6 in NFC Titles games....yep, Rams could have gone to 9 Superbowls.
2 of those loses came at the hands of the Purple Ones.
Of course, Tampa Bay has been to three NFC Title games in their history and lost two times to the Rams. So, they probably don't like us like we don't like the Vikings.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Yeah I watched that '76 playoff live on TV. The Rams kept bungling an otherwise even match-up. It was frustrating. Only the 2nd half exists on DVD, but at least that's the Rams' "better half."

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah I watched that '76 playoff live on TV. The Rams kept bungling an otherwise even match-up. It was frustrating. Only the 2nd half exists on DVD, but at least that's the Rams' "better half."

The whole game is on YouTube.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Two teams I hated the most in the 70's.. Minnie and Dallas. They screwed us in the playoffs all the time. This year shall be different. :cheers:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just want to "BUMP" this to keep it in everyone's mind , as we STOMP THEM SUCKERS!!!:boxing::yess: