The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr Chops

UDFA
I live in Wellington, New Zealand, and we only have one professional football team - in the whole country actually - the Wellington Phoenix. I am a huge fan, even though we aren't very good. We do have a good coach, and some nice young players coming through. The Phoenix play in the A-League, which is the Australian league. There are only 10 teams in the competition, and there are play offs and a grand final. Our season starts in a month and a half.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chopsy son, did you go and watch the Phoenix turn the Hammers in July?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Calm down Chopsy, I only asked you if you went I don't want to see the highlights of us losing again! In other news it looks very much like we are signing Alex Song from Barcelona. Interesting one that.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My club fired our manager and director of football last week. Played 5, lost 5 in the league. Worrying times, although supposedly Patrick Kluivert has applied for the managers job.

To put that into context for you Stateside guys, that's like Brett Favre applying to be the head coach of an Arena League team. Fucking crazy if it's true.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Patrick Kluivert.......the man that knocked Scotland out of the Euro's IN 1996. He worked with Van Gaal at the World Cup didn't he?

You can have Fat Sam if you want him?!

Mr Chops

UDFA
So the Wellington Phoenix's hopes this year largely hinge on one player, Michael McGlinchey. We signed him, but his old club are being dicks and ain't letting him go. He's a good player and we need his attacking creativity. With him, we could make the playoffs. Without him, we might struggle again.

"A-League rivals Central Coast argue McGlinchey remains their man for the 2014-15 season.
But the Phoenix believe he is a free agent, having not signed a new contract following the Mariners' change of ownership last year.
Central Coast are seeking legal advice to prevent McGlinchey playing for the Phoenix..."

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agreed, which is something you can't say about West Ham much these days so it was a refreshing change.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Also, I like West Ham and Leicester City, cos they have NZ players - Winston Reid and Chris Wood.

CHRIS WOOD!!! Legend!

I'm a Birmingham City fan and he scored the winner in a 2-1 win away at Club Brugge in Belgium in our only flirtation with European football in decades (and quite possibly my lifetime the way things are currently going) during the 2011/12 season. He never looks like he ever has the ball under control but he always looked good for a goal when he was playing for us on loan

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm new to the European football scene, and still don't have a team to root for.

Question: Why is there so much hate for PSG?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably because they were taken over by the Qatar Investment Authority and started splashing the cash. That's all I can think off.........well that and the fact they are French of course.

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I live in Wellington, New Zealand, and we only have one professional football team - in the whole country actually - the Wellington Phoenix. I am a huge fan, even though we aren't very good. We do have a good coach, and some nice young players coming through. The Phoenix play in the A-League, which is the Australian league. There are only 10 teams in the competition, and there are play offs and a grand final. Our season starts in a month and a half.

Winston Reid 1
Liverpool 0