The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also fwiw in my book that wasn't a penalty. We've seen that given but I'll always say it's soft and not a penalty but it is what it is.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Also fwiw in my book that wasn't a penalty. We've seen that given but I'll always say it's soft and not a penalty but it is what it is.

The ref shafted the Dutch all night. It was pretty blatant. Every single 50/50 went England's way.

Disclaimer - I may not be the most impartial.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The ref shafted the Dutch all night. It was pretty blatant. Every single 50/50 went England's way.

Disclaimer - I may not be the most impartial.
I saw only highlight and clips but I could see what you're saying.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Agreed. Kane's follow-through took his foot into the defender's, after he had already got his shot away.

Never a pen.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
England deserved to win to be fair, they were much the better team. Was never a pen tho.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Over on this side of the world in the Coppa...

Columbia beat Uruguay last night to make it to the final against the Messi's.

That Uruguay team basically killed everyone else they played including the USA. In our game vs them the refs allowed their players to assault ours throughout the entire game in unbelievable fashion. I've never seen fouls so hard in soccer... and the refs didn't even call fouls. Uruguay actually received their very first yellow card for the entire tournament during the last few minutes of the game. It looked so rigged for more than just that though. Even the guys in the booth (non Americans) were calling out the bs. Uruguay didn't receive any of that kind of treatment from the refs last night though. Weird.

I also found out just today that we screwed ourselves in this Coppa. We were the host country, but we couldn't provide fields that were wide enough or long enough to qualify for the FIFA rules. According to the people I listened to about this... the USA team plays in more of an international style now, but these shorter and skinner fields prevented us from taking advantage of our style of play. WTF

Also... there was a ref over on the other side of the world who is still reffing games even though he had been previously been caught fixing the games he refed. Refs over here in the States are banned for life if they are caught cheating. There's no fucking excuss for a ref cheating when you're the ref.

The reffing has been questionable at best in both tournaments. I smell a rat.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
The reffing has been questionable at best in both tournaments. I smell a rat.
All sports are becoming more fixed (or “scripted”, for Americans) these days. It’s a combination of gambling interests and huge investments from very dodgy people that are the cause of the problem.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All sports are becoming more fixed (or “scripted”, for Americans) these days. It’s a combination of gambling interests and huge investments from very dodgy people that are the cause of the problem.

I've been trying to give soccer a chance to catch my full attention since the we got an MLS team here in Orlando now. But when I see such bs happen right in front of my eyes, I just cannot take it as seriously as I would like to. I know it happens in all sports, but it sure seems like soccer has way too many loop holes that need to be removed to try and ensure more fairness.

BIG Money always seems to lead to shady/dodgy behavior in people... you're right.
That behavior can kill/destroy the cash cow though.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I've been trying to give soccer a chance to catch my full attention since the we got an MLS team here in Orlando now. But when I see such bs happen right in front of my eyes, I just cannot take it as seriously as I would like to. I know it happens in all sports, but it sure seems like soccer has way too many loop holes that need to be removed to try and ensure more fairness.

BIG Money always seems to lead to shady/dodgy behavior in people... you're right.
That behavior can kill/destroy the cash cow though.
Generally speaking European football is cleaner than south American football. But eastern Europe is not. Even places like Greece and Turkey have real issues with it. The "big 5" leagues generally speaking are legitimate but the Italians always have some weirdness in them.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Indeed it is. That’s why I said “teams like” those two. They certainly aren’t the only ones.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck to you team England boys, I'm just rooting for my Arsenal guys and a good match with no injuries.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Spain were easily the better team tonight and have been the best side throughout the tournament.

Well done, Spain.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
200w.gif

Great half time show! Vamos Colombia!

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Messi out with an ankle injury. He's really emotional on the sidelines. It makes me think he was planning to retire from international football after this Copa.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Messi out with an ankle injury. He's really emotional on the sidelines. It makes me think he was planning to retire from international football after this Copa.
There was a lot of talk that would happen. Some thought he would try to stay until the next Olympics but the Copa meant more to him per reports.