The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
There's only one winner either way, chile are shattered. Whether it's before 90 or before 120, Brazil will score. Reminds me a bit of the champions league final this year where atletico just ran out of steam

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The college system is a great system for developing talent and it works with yank football, baseball and basketball because the US is the only country where these guys will end up. Football (soccer) is a global sport so that model just doesn't work. It's the same reason that fantastic ideas like the draft and salary caps are impossible in football- you'd never get every football association to agree to those things and that's effectively what would need to happen.

Yea, I hadn't thought about the salary cap thing. I was just pointing out that this is how we are raised in the US. Told our whole lives to try and pursue a higher education. I suppose though, that in the world of college sports, it's only there to really develop the young players for the pros in the same way that Soccer is developed around the world without college programs. So, I guess I'm just thinking about it as a non athlete at this point in my life.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I get the "get a degree" thing, that's a British thing too. Now we have millions of unemployed sociology graduates and no fucking plumbers.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Chiles work rate has been unbelievable. Really hope they can pull this off!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a cracking game that was, really feel sorry for Chile. They have played ever so well in the tournament.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Who you guys got? I'm going for Mexico! Hope Robben can stay on his feet the diving wee fuck

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm still not convinced Qatar will happen. It was so obviously a stitch up. But agreed, the quality will be waaay down

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
So I'm at work and check the score of the Netherlands vs Mexico match and see that in the 89th Mexico is up 1-0 check back 6 minutes later Netherlands 2-1 final how the heck did that happen?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm still not convinced Qatar will happen. It was so obviously a stitch up. But agreed, the quality will be waaay down

Man if they really go through with holding the cup there.... I just don't see it, it's way to hot for these guys to be running around for 90 minutes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So I'm at work and check the score of the Netherlands vs Mexico match and see that in the 89th Mexico is up 1-0 check back 6 minutes later Netherlands 2-1 final how the heck did that happen?

NED scored off a corner, then with like 1 minute to go in stoppage time got a PK to win the game. It was a clutch dive to be awarded the PK, but Mexico was playing with fire the whole match with their challenges inside the 18.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
NED scored off a corner, then with like 1 minute to go in stoppage time got a PK to win the game. It was a clutch dive to be awarded the PK, but Mexico was playing with fire the whole match with their challenges inside the 18.

Thanks man, that's crazy! Thought Mexico might shock the world there for a minute. Can't believe Costa Rica hung on and got to penalty kicks to win that match a man down.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Thanks man, that's crazy! Thought Mexico might shock the world there for a minute. Can't believe Costa Rica hung on and got to penalty kicks to win that match a man down.

For sure, I was pulling for Mexico...they've been playing really well, and actually take it to those top rated teams. CR looked much weaker today. I expected them to win the game like 2-1 at least.

Time for the Yanks to take care of business against Belgium. I hope klinsmann takes advantage of their weakness against speed up the wings. I think it might be time to start Yedlin, even though I like him off the bench. Having him and Johnson on the field would be a great advantage to us. I'd really like to see another striker on the field as well. Pull off Zusi and put Aron on.