The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I agree gate and concession revenue is huge over there. I’m honestly surprised they’re even trying to finish the league this late. Next season is supposed to open in what August? I figured they’d want to move into moving onto that season. They would have to come to some agreement on relegation/promotion but it wont make everybody happy. In the end I wouldn’t be surprised if the isn’t relegation and they go onto next year with the previous CL and Europa teams moving in again.

Personally I’d rather not play in Europa and give Arteta more time to focus on building up the team to his style. We were hot at the end and likely moved back into Europa but not having the travel for Thursday games would have ben great.

Its going to be interesting seeing how this all plays out but like I said several clubs and their fans won’t like the solution regardless of what they decide.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus the players need to sign off on it or no? Reading lots of comments that players right now aren’t ok with it restarting at all.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
So happy the german football is on. My girlfriend said 'but you dont even support a german team!' And I nearly threw her off the balcony. She doesn't get it.

Weissbeir in one hand and a frankfurter in the other, got a coupon on, fucking loving this.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So happy the german football is on. My girlfriend said 'but you dont even support a german team!' And I nearly threw her off the balcony. She doesn't get it.

Weissbeir in one hand and a frankfurter in the other, got a coupon on, fucking loving this.
I turned it on the tv while making breakfast and mine went back to her house. Such a great start to the day :D

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was watching the Dortmund game, I didn't enjoy it at all with no crowd. Very strange.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I was watching the Dortmund game, I didn't enjoy it at all with no crowd. Very strange.

Yeah the charm of Bundesliga games come from rallied fan bases laying the sound carpet with their rallying chants

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched '89 story of The Arsenal winning the league on the last day of the season by beating Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield. Really neat story as it was something I was aware of but didn't really witness/live through with back then the league wasn't on TV around me. It's on Netflix US I think only.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched '89 story of The Arsenal winning the league on the last day of the season by beating Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield. Really neat story as it was something I was aware of but didn't really witness/live through with back then the league wasn't on TV around me. It's on Netflix US I think only.

The team previous to Arsenal that visited Anfield was West Ham. We needed to win to stay up and lost 5-1 and were relegated. We’d won 5 out of 6 before that to give us a chance and it was 1-1 at half time. Apparently, so my pals that went tell me, Paul Ince was running the show as well but he got booted off the pitch by Steve McMahon and they took over. I was a very unhappy 12 year old I can tell you that. I also remember all the Arsenal fans at school moaning they now needed to win by two at Anfield as Liverpool has boosted their goal difference against us.......not that it mattered in the end.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll drink to beating City and climbing the table!