The OBJ Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Does anyone know exactly where OBJ is in his rehab (e.g. still recovery, strengthening, light running, etc)?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sounds like marketing trying to build his value. Probably because the market has been off on him waiting to see how he recovers.

There is no doubt in my mind that he injured it in the super bowl. There is also information out there showing the Rams knew it was a problem and that he would need surgery after the season.

I don’t blame him for trying but, I don’t think this is factual.
Can a WR play without an operational ACL in his knee as he did in the playoffs?

Then another element is Non-Jurno Mike Florio being so negative on the Ram Org for not NOT Taking care of OBJ with a contract while he is rehabbing until December the last month of the regular 2022 season!

"Rams are playing a dangerous game" comment.....:zany:

Then Florio says that OBJ would most likely be the MVP of the SB if not for the injury. How does Florio know that?

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Then another element is Non-Jurno Mike Florio being so negative on the Ram Org for not NOT Taking care of OBJ with a contract while he is rehabbing until December the last month of the regular 2022 season!

Then Florio says that OBJ would most likely be the MVP of the SB, not Kupp if not for the injury. How does Florio know that?
There is this total BS narrative out there that OBj would have been the MVP. That’s an opinion that can be debunked in many ways. The easiest is that it’s very unlikely that Amoruno would have continued to let Beckham run around with minimal defensive coverage. Another is that if Beckham was so dominant, then why didn’t it show up sooner in the playoffs or regular season? I could go on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bengals were rolling shit to Kupp just like everyone else was doing in that playoff stretch, so Odell was getting single draws like crazy and tbh the Bengals couldn't afford to back off Kupp. They just didn't have a good enough secondary to handle two plus threats with Stafford dealing.

So if Odell had not been hurt yeah I think he would have been game MVP. They had zero answers for him and he and Stafford were on the same page so that was gonna keep happening.

This season the Rams should have that element from day one too, with Robinson out there. He's going to feast. Only question is if he will need a little time to settle in. Stafford will probably win that MVP this year with that 1-2 punch at WR. It's gonna be sick.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Then Florio says that OBJ would most likely be the MVP of the SB, not Kupp if not for the injury. How does Florio know that?
Florio had a vision when he was smoking that crack pipe again????

If memory serves me Beckham has 2 for 53 and a TD. So a good start but not MVP level IMO.

I believe there is no way he wins MVP over AD if he doubled that out put over the rest of the game.

I like Beckham in this offense but, it is Stafford putting it on him as much as anything that makes him look good.

Until he can prove that his knee is at least healed and can take the pressure of full speed cuts, no way he should get paid by the Rams. After that, I’m sticking to my original deal. 2 years, based this year on heavy incentive package for production. 2nd year has to be something that can be eaten if he can’t perform.