The latest Windows 10 update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Haven't migrated to W10 on my home setup yet.

Not sure if work laptop has updated yet or not, thanks for the heads up

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use Fl Studio to record all my songs. Before the update the average size of a song was around 400 megabytes, now it's 4 gigabytes. Thanks Microsoft. :mrburns:

I tried Linux for a couple of years but found I didn't want to do all that programming. Now I'm thinking of going back to it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I haven't got any update? Or maybe I did and just didn't notice anything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeesh! Mine jut went through the April update. I suppose now I have to check my system to see what it did. I know one thing that was irritating. It stretched all my windows in Edge to look as if I had zoomed to about 120%. After reloading them, they shrunk back down. I sure wish these "super geniuses" would stop fucking with my computer and phone.

Anyway, this sounds like the scam Apple is getting busted for and Samsung is likely not far behind. Apple is being gone after because their updates re-clock the processor on your phone and slow it down - thus making people more eager for an upgrade. Subsequent updates would make your phone progressively more sluggish. Scumbags!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I still use windows 7. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Looks like my machine is up to date. Course I bought a gaming laptop but the ONE game I liked shut down, so I have a shit ton of storage and don't have a major need for major software.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeesh! Mine jut went through the April update. I suppose now I have to check my system to see what it did. I know one thing that was irritating. It stretched all my windows in Edge to look as if I had zoomed to about 120%. After reloading them, they shrunk back down. I sure wish these "super geniuses" would stop freaking with my computer and phone.

Anyway, this sounds like the scam Apple is getting busted for and Samsung is likely not far behind. Apple is being gone after because their updates re-clock the processor on your phone and slow it down - thus making people more eager for an upgrade. Subsequent updates would make your phone progressively more sluggish. Scumbags!

When that story broke I thought for sure Apple was going to get a HUGE fine and that some people might have been convicted of some type of crime. The FCC should be able to do something, and if at the time they couldn't their powers need to be extended to protect consumers.

I believe that Samsung and other Android based phones are not throttling phones, and Samsung has an ad out that pokes fun at iPhone users and Apple over the whole fiasco.

IMO this was Tim Cook deciding to fuck with peoples personal property to help lagging sales and he should be called out in court about that.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanx for the heads up. My computer has been telling me it has an update for 2 days, just havent restarted it yet.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Damn.

I was hoping Win10 would be an alternative.

I REALLY like OS X tons, but the last good machine they made was the 5th gen Mac Pro.

I'll NEVER buy a POS iMac, that iMac Pro is an F'n scam and the Trashcan Mac Pro is trash.

I'm very seriously considering going the Hackintosh route, but I know I'll have to be on my game and if I get the resources together, I'll have to commit to being more aware... like if I was running a Linux variant.

I haven't wanted to do that, but dammit, I just want an OS that works on readily available hardware.

If Apple would just make the switch and abandon the hardware space, even if they limited the hardware that was supported natively under the OS, they'd see OS X explode in popularity.

Anyway, until then...

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have windows 7, about 2 years ago I’d get prompts to upgrade to 10. I kept clicking no and finally caught it about half way through doing it on its own. Stopped the download and found a program called “Never10”. Downloaded that and haven’t had a problem since.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won't end until January 14, 2020. This applies as long as you have Service Pack 1 installed.