The ingenious strategy that allows Sean McVay to be an actual coach on the field

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what a fuckwit. brady was spoken to all the way until he snapped the ball via different frequency, plus the intel of the video taping which allowed him to know exactly what the defense was doing. the story was squashed during the spygate cover up. we'll never know the extent of their cheating.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't surprising, and the lazy journalists are misrepresenting the situation. Which is no surprise because many of them don't want to eat their full helping of crow.

Goff calls our offense at the LOS even when we're huddling, which means McVay isn't relaying any plays at that point. Even when we're in no huddle, it's no surprise that McVay is relaying plays and what he sees. Goff is still making checks and changing plays after the mic has shut down. I bet there are times when McVay gives him a play and says, "Based on what I see, run this." But I bet most of the time, McVay gives him two or three plays, and let's Jared make the call based on what he sees.

Of course, the lazy journalists are going to pretend like every time Goff changes the play, it's because McVay told him to run that one play. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I was just about to post that. It should be it’s own thread. But I’m almost done caring what the media has to say. We as Rams fans(most of us) saw what Goff could be in his rookie year. Chris Simms is a clown and was never a good QB. Unethical? Why? Because you never thought of it? Grow up.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This thread is so fucking weird I can’t figure it out.

First of all, how can it be “ingenious” that a coach actually communicates everything possible to his qb during the allotted time? How the hell is that “ingenious”, isn’t that just common sense? So supposedly the Rams call a play slightly early, and McVay has this “ingenious” idea to recommend some audibles before the 15 second mark...why the hell doesn’t EVERY nfl team do this with a young qb?

Then, to make it weirder, Chris Simms claims that his coaches NEVER offered audible assistance after the huddle broke, and then implies it is “unethical” or “cheating” for them to do so.

I don’t know what’s weirder— calling a good common sense idea “ingenious” or calling it “cheating.”

Weird.

nighttrain

Legend
This thread is so freaking weird I can’t figure it out.

First of all, how can it be “ingenious” that a coach actually communicates everything possible to his qb during the allotted time? How the hell is that “ingenious”, isn’t that just common sense? So supposedly the Rams call a play slightly early, and McVay has this “ingenious” idea to recommend some audibles before the 15 second mark...why the hell doesn’t EVERY nfl team do this with a young qb?

Then, to make it weirder, Chris Simms claims that his coaches NEVER offered audible assistance after the huddle broke, and then implies it is “unethical” or “cheating” for them to do so.

I don’t know what’s weirder— calling a good common sense idea “ingenious” or calling it “cheating.”

Weird.
i think from Simms actions and statements he's jealous of the success of Goff
train

Ellard80

Legend
It's a combination of both...

McVay gets them lined up early to help communicate to Goff (which is smart shit)

But at the same time there are plenty of times when Goff has to figure it out later.

Goff will get better at seeing things as he progresses.. but even when he does.. why would you change it.

It's great strategy, and a result of supreme organization and efficiency.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Those are my exact feelings. I hated manning at the line jabbering and moving his arms around theatrically and couldn't watch colts games because of it. Now that Jared is doing it i love it.

"Turbo" IS the new "Omaha"

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjab360

Legend

Ellard80

Legend
Click the link below to watch Chris Simms critique Jared Goff before the 2016 draft. "Wobbly throws, very rarely does he throw a spiral, shaky mechanics, no step into the throw, doesn't wow me physically, wrist gets floppy, arm angle issues." He did say he was worthy of a 1st round pick after all that.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635544-film-room-with-chris-simms-breaking-down-top-qb-draft-prospect-jared-goff
Click the link below to watch Chris Simms critique Jared Goff before the 2016 draft. "Wobbly throws, very rarely does he throw a spiral, shaky mechanics, no step into the throw, doesn't wow me physically, wrist gets floppy, arm angle issues." He did say he was worthy of a 1st round pick after all that.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635544-film-room-with-chris-simms-breaking-down-top-qb-draft-prospect-jared-goff

Thats funny.. Romo said Goff's ability to throw the ball without having to step into it is what makes him have so much potential.

I guess Chris srub ass Simms never watched Tom Brady play QB...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes Simms was one of the loudest singing canaries trashing Goff. If he thinks what the Rams are doing is cheating he's an even bigger idiot than we all thought before. NFL rules say the communication is cut off at 15 seconds. Not when the QB breaks the huddle or steps under center. But at 15 seconds, the same is true for the defense and it's true for all 32 teams. Instead of applauding a coach for using the system to make his QB better, continue teaching at the best possible time and making his team better he's proving his ignorance and calling it cheating.

TexasRam

Legend
The 5 stages of Grief:
Denial- The Rams haven't beaten anyone. Goff is a bust, didn't you watch last year?
Anger- Screw the Rams, Mcvay looks like a little kid HAHAHA, even if they did beat the Saints.
Bargaining- The Rams are good but only because Mcvay found a way to cheat.
Depression - I hate Football, Its nothing but overpaid woman beaters and thugs. Where's my dog so I can kick him?
Acceptance - Wow The Rams are good on offense, defense and special teams. When does free agency start?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Simms fumbled his way thru 23 games over a 7 year "career" with a 69 QB rating and he's got an opinion?
200.webp