THE HERD | Eric Dickerson tells Colin if the Rams beat the Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I agree dang and I respect him all the more for playing in that condition. Just like I respect Goff pushing to play this week btw. One of the things I love about this roster.

Ellard80

Legend
In Wolford's case, yes it certainly is. The game on Saturday doesnt care about the rest of his career after that. The next time he plays, will add to his "body of work"
Why do you think he can run for a first down? Because he did it on Sunday.
Why do we think he can scramble and buy time? Because he did that on Sunday
Why do I fear he'll make a mistake due to nerves and excitement? Because he did that on Sunday

Maybe reading what I wrote would help.
What is Rodgers post season INT rate compared to reg season? Is it higher or lower?

I get what you are saying... but those things you listed are not exactly the same.

The fact that he could run - we already knew he was a threat to run from his college, pre-season AAF tape.
If he can handle the pressure of an nfl game... that is inconclusive from one nfl game.

aaron rodgers has a higher int% in the postseaon than regular season... however it 1.8% which ranks #6 in nfl playoff rankings. So yeah its a bit worse.. but he isnt falling apart and turning it over a bunch - its still elite. Jared did a good job of not throwing ints in the playoffs btw.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So in summary here you don't think Wolford can play. At a starting NFL QB level. Is that accurate?
Lol. That's not what I said, and you know it.
Based off of 1 game NOBODY can say that he can play at NFL QB level.
I am not saying he cant, it would take a bigger sample to figure that out, I wouldnt let one game determine that.
If 1 game determined a player outcome, then Austin Davis would be in the hall of fame
They win the game, and his accomplishments are way over embellished. They lose the game with only scoring 9 points, playing the same exact game? He'd be on the next bus to Palookaville

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get what you are saying... but those things you listed are not exactly the same.

The fact that he could run - we already knew he was a threat to run from his college, pre-season AAF tape.
If he can handle the pressure of an nfl game... that is inconclusive from one nfl game.

aaron rodgers has a higher int% in the postseaon than regular season... however it 1.8% which ranks #6 in nfl playoff rankings. So yeah its a bit worse.. but he isnt falling apart and turning it over a bunch - its still elite. Jared did a good job of not throwing ints in the playoffs btw.
It's 25% higher. Playoff football is harder, play is tighter. So a cat who makes a rookie throw in a game isnt going to have less nerves in the playoff game. His college tape is irrelevant at this point. His rushing was good because he didnt tuck and run each time he felt pressure, we dont know that from college or the pom pom league, we have that idea from the game he played. I dont care if Goff is 100% and better than ever, I still want Wolford to get a couple plays. I would love to see more of what his brief "body of work" showed us what he can do. At the same respect, I DONT want to see the stuff he did not do well. You cant have one without the other

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. That's not what I said, and you know it.
Based off of 1 game NOBODY can say that he can play at NFL QB level.
I am not saying he cant, it would take a bigger sample to figure that out, I wouldnt let one game determine that.
If 1 game determined a player outcome, then Austin Davis would be in the hall of fame
They win the game, and his accomplishments are way over embellished. They lose the game with only scoring 9 points, playing the same exact game? He'd be on the next bus to Palookaville
Disagree. He just did. And this is an opinion based group product here my man. I have no problem saying the guy can play. He just won us a single elimination game to get in the playoffs. Cards aren't great but they are a middle of the pack (12th) defense so they're not shabby. The Cards were in a must-win situation. That was basically a playoff game. An ugly playoff game but there were plenty of good things for us going on.

I think you're too hot under the collar about all this too. Why does it bother you so much that I think the kid can play?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. He just did. And this is an opinion based group product here my man. I have no problem saying the guy can play. He just won us a single elimination game to get in the playoffs. Cards aren't great but they are a middle of the pack (12th) defense so they're not shabby. The Cards were in a must-win situation. That was basically a playoff game. An ugly playoff game but there were plenty of good things for us going on.

I think you're too hot under the collar about all this too. Why does it bother you so much that I think the kid can play?
Lol. You can tell that he can play in the NFL from 1 game. You are in the wrong line of work then. Because in the history of the NFL there have been tons of one game wonders who amounted to nothing. But you, you can tell the difference? Very impressive.
Dude couldnt lead a touchdown drive against a beat defense and only won the game because the defense scored 9 and the ST blocked a FG, but you can tell.
Got it.....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. You can tell that he can play in the NFL from 1 game. You are in the wrong line of work then. Because in the history of the NFL there have been tons of one game wonders who amounted to nothing. But you, you can tell the difference? Very impressive.
Dude couldnt lead a touchdown drive against a beat defense and only won the game because the defense scored 9 and the ST blocked a FG, but you can tell.
Got it.....
He knows this offense well. He feels the rush well. He gets through reads quickly. And he can make the throws.

The guy isn't some high end QB we're talking about here. But he can play and just did. But at this point I don't know that this exchange is worth all the hubbub am I right?

So you don't agree. Ok man. Maybe you can dig this one up later and make me look like a jackass who knows. Could be a windfall for you down the road. :beer2: :cool:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He knows this offense well. He feels the rush well. He gets through reads quickly. And he can make the throws.

The guy isn't some high end QB we're talking about here. But he can play and just did. But at this point I don't know that this exchange is worth all the hubbub am I right?

So you don't agree. Ok man. Maybe you can dig this one up later and make me look like a jackass who knows. Could be a windfall for you down the road. :beer2: :cool:
He sure didn't feel the rush at all when he got sacked when Hav got beat badly in the 4th quarter. No presence at all on that play. For me jury is still out on the kid. Not writing him off there are things to like just as there are things he's gotta work on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He sure didn't feel the rush at all when he got sacked when Hav got beat badly in the 4th quarter. No presence at all on that play. For me jury is still out on the kid. Not writing him off there are things to like just as there are things he's gotta work on.
Fair take.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair take.
I'm not anti Wolford like some have made me out to be. I just don't see some where some of the over the top praise about how he's better for the offense or the other hyperbole that's been thrown around. Trying to be objective and give the kid more time before any judgement.