The hell did Givens and Jenkins do?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A little before noon Pacific Time, as the San Francisco crowd began to settle in their seats, fans in the lower bowl at Candlestick Park were treated to an odd display. Two Rams starters in sweat clothes, cornerback Janoris Jenkins and wide receiver Chris Givens, both rookies, began sprinting up and down the stairs in one section of the stands, supervised by assistant strength coach Adam Bailey. How odd, the fans with trays of Gordon Biersch craft beers and garlic fries reporting for the game must have thought. What are these Rams doing running the stairs at this hour? Shouldn't they be stretching for the game, or doing something down on the field?

"It was two-fold,'' said Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who suspended Jenkins and Givens for an unspecified violation of team rules Saturday. [hil]"They weren't going to play, so they needed a workout. And I guess you can say it was part punitive. We still have to sort some things out about what happened, but hopefully this helps them get the message.''[/hil]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z2C15Rr5uR

“They violated teams rules and they were de-activated,” Fisher said after Sunday’s 24-24 tie against the 49ers. “It was a decision I made (Saturday).”

Fisher did not elaborate.

“It’s an issue that’s between me and the players, and the club and the players,” Fisher said. “They violated rules and I deactivated them. [hil]As to whether they play next week or not, I don’t know. We’ll see[/hil].”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 3a101.html

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
“They violated teams rules and they were de-activated,” Fisher said after Sunday’s 24-24 tie against the 49ers. “It was a decision I made (Saturday).”

Fisher did not elaborate.

“It’s an issue that’s between me and the players, and the club and the players,” Fisher said. “They violated rules and I deactivated them. [hil]As to whether they play next week or not, I don’t know. We’ll see[/hil].”

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 3a101.html
If it was bad enough for one player (Heard) to be (allegedly) released, it can't be as trivial as missing a meeting, curfew or anything else we might think of.

I'd guess it had more to do with why they missed a meeting, curfew or anything else we might think of.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've heard *rumors* that there were some 'ladies of the evening' in the rooms at the SF hotel and that these 3 guys were involved.

Completely unsubstantiated of course. But still... it would make sense.

stan

Rookie
X said:
I've heard *rumors* that there were some 'ladies of the evening' in the rooms at the SF hotel and that these 3 guys were involved.

Sannie frannie trannies? :rofl:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

Well it fits the JJ template

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Yeah, but it doesn't fit Givens. He's a God First guy 100%.

I wonder if we're ever going to learn what this was about.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:

Ok, i'll run with this,so....why San Francisco? They were in Miami earlier in the season, and London (if they're into the British folk).... :cheese:

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ive got a garden out back, and a set of real hoe's in the barn with there name on them. :evil:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. You're a weird fucker. :sly:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I just read on rotoworld it was curfew.

I see the Heard release as an opportunity to make an example of someone...with Cudjo and Conrath both ready to become the primary backups/rotational guys Heard was likely going to be waived anyway.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

C'mon man EVER HEARD of Jimmy Swaggert?
JimBaker?
Bible thumpers have "needs" too :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

C'mon man EVER HEARD of Jimmy Swaggert?
JimBaker?
Bible thumpers have "needs" too :ww:
Good point.

And for Jessica Hahn (back in the day), I'd renounce everything.

pJjBR.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sounds like something that would happen in the Military.

"You fucked up, so you're not going to be doing this. But it's not a day off, start exercising dicks!"

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ladies of the evening. lol. I doubt we ever find out.

At this point ,,, I would just like to know if their actual income was decreased in any way as a result of this "benching". If not, I doubt either player really gives a shit.