The Draft Grades Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Who's the idiot who gave us a "D"?
825361203.gif

dang

Legend
btw...does Kromer generally feel he can get solid OTs that can be cross-trained to fill OG roles. I wouldn't be surprised if Noteboom stays LG in 2020 and either Evans or Edwards gets coached up to be LT. Based on what I have read Edwards was hampered by an injury in 2018 and didn't show his full capability on tape.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
btw...does Kromer generally feel he can get solid OTs that can be cross-trained to fill OG roles. I wouldn't be surprised if Noteboom stays LG in 2020 and either Evans or Edwards gets coached up to be LT. Based on what I have read Edwards was hampered by an injury in 2018 and didn't show his full capability on tape.

ya, that will be interesting how our OL shakes in 2020. Does 'Boom slide over to LT or stay inside.. Good thoughts/read tho

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ya, that will be interesting how our OL shakes in 2020. Does 'Boom slide over to LT or stay inside.. Good thoughts/read tho

The plan seems to be for Noteboom to slide over - but plans can change, based on the development of Edwards and Evans. Kromer will be flexible, just like Brown lost his job when Blythe showed he was better overall when Brown was suspended.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This feels a lot like our first draft with McVay - where we got two stars without having a first round pick. I'm betting our draft grade wasn't great that year either.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'd like to know where they purchased their crystal balls.

Giving a "grade" to a draft before a single player has stepped foot on an NFL field is like walking into a classroom on day 1 of class and giving a final grade to each student before they've even taken their 1st test.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
This wasnt a flashy draft, it was a draft to back up our "flashy" draft picks and free agents of last season. Doesnt mean the draft was a bust. I feel you have to grade with that in mind. Some showed they had no idea what they were grading.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The dude lost all credibility as soon as he ranked the Raiders second best.

With 3 firsts, even subpar drafting better be pretty damn good. The question is, do you evaluate based on maximizing opportunities, or on total value added?

RamWoodie

Legend
I have to be frank...the only pick that gave me rise was OT David Edwards...I'm in the "wait and see" mode.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'd like to know where they purchased their crystal balls.

Giving a "grade" to a draft before a single player has stepped foot on an NFL field is like walking into a classroom on day 1 of class and giving a final grade to each student before they've even taken their 1st test.

Exactly. I think the whole “instant grade” thing has become a joke. I don’t pay much attention to it anymore.

Check in five years.

I like our draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the internet Sporting News was a pretty big weekly sports publication. But then ESPN and it's clones came along and the internet with instant sports news and they never caught up. It's pretty small now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the internet Sporting News was a pretty big weekly sports publication. But then ESPN and it's clones came along and the internet with instant sports news and they never caught up. It's pretty small now.

And likely not known in many places, because while they covered all sports, baseball was its specialty.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Exactly. I think the whole “instant grade” thing has become a joke. I don’t pay much attention to it anymore.

Check in five years.

I like our draft.

it depends on if you are grading a draft on its potential or waiting for 5 years to see how it turned out. I think its kinda fun to grade them on potential and see how close you are later

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
it depends on if you are grading a draft on its potential or waiting for 5 years to see how it turned out. I think its kinda fun to grade them on potential and see how close you are later
True. I thought our 2012 draft was going to turn out to be epic. Historical. Brock has been solid, Jenkins leaked away, Quick busted, etc. But the irony is, we got the best 1-2 kicker tandem in Ram history, maybe soon to be NFL history in 6th round pick Zuerlein and UDFA Hekker. Did we pick up Jake McQ that year, too?