The Cardinals - Darnell Dockett Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
HOW THIS TEAM CAN GO 4–12
Three ways: Palmer is error-prone, more the first-half quarterback from 2013 than the second-half guy; the defense can’t make up for very significant losses (particularly Washington); and the offensive line, which has been shaky this summer, lets too much pressure get to Palmer.
They won't be 4-12 but i'm seeing 8-8. If that happens the arrow will be pointing down with an old QB, old and/or ineffective pass rush, talent-deficient front seven and depth issues everywhere.

AZ has some nice young pieces...M.Floyd, Ellington, Peterson, Badger(if he can return to form). If their rookies don't develop(Bucannon, John Brown, Troy Niklas, Logan Thomas) they're going to look back on this draft scratching their heads as to why they didn't replenish the defensive groceries in a division where you've got to have a dominant D.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
New to the forum but posted in the introduce yourself thread.

I (and quite a few cards fans) don't think the loss of Dockett is as big of a deal as some in the media are making it. He isn't anywhere near the same player that he was a few years ago, and it's far and few plays between now that he even get's pressure on the QB.

But, the biggest loss on D will absolutely be the LBs. Money talks so Dansby left, I get it...but Washington, sigh.

Top 5 LB in the league, and acts like an idiot off the field.
Welcome to board @azcards
Do you post on ASFN?

azcards

UDFA
What's the buzz out there with John Brown?

Everyone is excited about him. Cards have never really had a speedster and he'll be playing from game one which is nice (at least I hope Arians plays him in game 1). He had the 2nd fastest speed at the combine too. It seemed like a reach during the draft, but now may go down as one of this years best steals if he stays healthy and keeps his confidence up.

Thinking back 5-6 years even, Fitz has never been a burner, Boldin made catches even without separation, Breaston played in the slot even though he wasn't all that fast, and more recently Floyd...although he reminds me more of Fitz than any of the other receivers we've had.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Everyone is excited about him. Cards have never really had a speedster and he'll be playing from game one which is nice (at least I hope Arians plays him in game 1). He had the 2nd fastest speed at the combine too. It seemed like a reach during the draft, but now may go down as one of this years best steals if he stays healthy and keeps his confidence up.

Thinking back 5-6 years even, Fitz has never been a burner, Boldin made catches even without separation, Breaston played in the slot even though he wasn't all that fast, and more recently Floyd...although he reminds me more of Fitz than any of the other receivers we've had.

It sounds like a good story. Not a very big guy, but it's easy to root for someone like him.

What's the latest with Cooper? Word was he struggled early in camp. Any better?

azcards

UDFA
It sounds like a good story. Not a very big guy, but it's easy to root for someone like him.

What's the latest with Cooper? Word was he struggled early in camp. Any better?

Cooper didn't look like he did last pre-season which was a bit surprising since he had a year to absorb more but playing is playing. Looked very promising in run blocking so hopefully he can return to that form.

He hurt his toe in game 1, sat out game 2, and looks like he'll play a big portion of game 3. I think he needs to learn it's ok to be playing sore as lineman take a beating every game.

However, the new LT, Veldheer, will definitely help shore up the left side of the line. Guy is a tank.

jared-veldheer-raiders.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cooper didn't look like he did last pre-season which was a bit surprising since he had a year to absorb more but playing is playing. Looked very promising in run blocking so hopefully he can return to that form.

He hurt his toe in game 1, sat out game 2, and looks like he'll play a big portion of game 3. I think he needs to learn it's ok to be playing sore as lineman take a beating every game.

However, the new LT, Veldheer, will definitely help shore up the left side of the line. Guy is a tank.

On the left? My lord!

Cardncub

Rookie
What's the buzz out there with John Brown?

Let me just say that I think he will be way better than Austin. He has just been amazing so far with his ability to pick up the system, route running, & understanding route concepts. He will be special. I think he stands a great chance at being OROY.

Cardncub

Rookie

According to the Cards site he will be a game time decision. He still hasn't practiced this week.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
WHY THE HELL DOES "THEY PLAY IN A TOUGH DIVISION" ONLY APPLY TO THE RAMS AND CARDINALS????!!!!!!!

freakin hell, that pisses me off more than anything lately. Any Sam Bradford make-or-break article, any Bernie video, any PD poster.

Does SF and the goddamn shitchickens not play in the same freakin division?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE RAMS BEAT THEIR ASSES THIS YEAR. SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams- 10-6
Cardinals- 9-7
SF- 6-10
shitchickens- who the freak cares except their bandwagon fans.

Shitchickens???

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

It should be an interesting battle with Quinn this year with that big mutha! Would have like him on the Rams!

azcards

UDFA
It should be an interesting battle with Quinn this year with that big mutha! Would have like him on the Rams!

Indeed it will. I still definitely give the advantage to your d-line compared to our o-line, but at this rate if they can get Palmer an extra second I guess that will help compared to before.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I posted early yesterday that Quinn was going to have to work harder than ever to get around the new Tards OLT Veldheer. I was a strong advocate of securing this OT back during UFA'cy....he is one very smart kid trust me! I should say one big mountain of a man.