The Bradford Hit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Guy was even further behind then Bradford..

You are not going to stonewall a guy everytime regardless if you are just coming off an injury or have played 5 years consecutively.

Just sayin' I'm not sure he's ready

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had knee surgery from jiu jitsu and heavy weight lifting...and yes my knee feels VERY fragile....whether I step in a hole in the ground or make a sudden jerky movement....it's not the same...EVER....yes even my 5y old accidentally pushing off it hurts.......bottom line...I'm VERY concerned about the most important component to the team,.....the QB position.

Do you still roll? I've been rolling with an instructor from RMNU BJJ in Tampa (actually, his class is about an hour south of Tampa) on an off for about a year. I freakin' LOVE BJJ, but you're right about the joint stuff. Then again, I think BJJ can be better for joints (you're more conscious about stretching because you're on the ground and you just feel your level of stretch in the guard, for example) and while surprises happen, unless there's an accident or your sparring partner is trying to hurt you or you're in a competition, then it's just harder to get caught by surprise. Not impossible, just...harder. On a football field, there are a bunch of guys running around...big guys and guys are trying to remain on their feet, so they brace themselves which often will put a limb into a bracing posture only to have some large mass like another player come crashing into that limb at a very unfortunate angle, doing damage to the joint and/or bones. Also, it'd be really rare for someone in BJJ to come at another person with a 30 yard flying head start before engaging them. That much energy, even with pads can add to the trauma...greatly.

Anyway, yeah, certain joints once the initial integrity is violated aren't every really "as good as new". Vertebra are probably at the top of the list followed by hips, then knees.

I think Bradford's gonna be okay. That said, he may have a few hits that take him out of the game like this this season. Question will be: Will teams intentionally go low on Sam's left knee? I know I'll be looking to see...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He didn't jump around and do somersaults after getting hit on the knee where he tore his ACL last season?

Cut him, what a bust, now if I had torn my ACL and came back, I would have thrown 15 TDs, taken twelve hits to the knee and then went hoem and banged my smoking hot wife, all in one motion.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
In your blue text, I think you forgot the sandwich...

fearsomefour

Legend
I know a guy decently well who trains pitchers (my son is a pitcher). He works with a lot of college guys and about 15 or so pro guys. He has developed a bit of a niche working with guys coming back from injury, Tommy John usually. He said one of the toughest things is the mental part of it. The elbow is healed up but there can be a mental block. Hard to really trust their elbow again and throw 100%. There is a kind of hang over that happens with these injuries. The knee has a tough job. The joint be stable is key and Im sure, even though he is cleared and good to go, Bradford can feel a bit weak or not have great stability in the joint yet.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know a guy decently well who trains pitchers (my son is a pitcher). He works with a lot of college guys and about 15 or so pro guys. He has developed a bit of a niche working with guys coming back from injury, Tommy John usually. He said one of the toughest things is the mental part of it. The elbow is healed up but there can be a mental block. Hard to really trust their elbow again and throw 100%. There is a kind of hang over that happens with these injuries. The knee has a tough job. The joint be stable is key and Im sure, even though he is cleared and good to go, Bradford can feel a bit weak or not have great stability in the joint yet.

and thats what I think we are all banking on.

jjab360

Legend
Do you still roll? I've been rolling with an instructor from RMNU BJJ in Tampa (actually, his class is about an hour south of Tampa) on an off for about a year. I freakin' LOVE BJJ, but you're right about the joint stuff.
It's all about the context lol.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Lets not get ahead of ourselves and call Bradford injury prone with glass knees, I'm sure he'll be fine, he took a hit from a big guy on the knee that's just been fixed, it probably hurt, but no more than it would hurt any QB - its a pre-season game against the Browns, why would Sam or the Rams risk continue playing him.

Lets wait till we hear the results of the scan before we call Tebow ;)

Cardncub

Rookie
how about waiting to see the injury report before making such a statement?

I think what he is saying is if Sam is playing scared you have a problem. A huge one at that. That's the problem we think we have with Cooper. He just isn't playing with the same intensity as last year. He's protecting his injured leg.

Philly5

Rookie
It looks like Bradford's foot got caught up. Hopefully it was flukey because Bradford will get hit like that all the time.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it wasn't it was the best movie ever.
What I want to know is WHO THE HELL WAS HOLDING THE CAMERA TO FILM THE FIRST STEP? It had to be a movie!
(Whitest Kids You know skit).

iced

I think what he is saying is if Sam is playing scared you have a problem. A huge one at that. That's the problem we think we have with Cooper. He just isn't playing with the same intensity as last year. He's protecting his injured leg.

I don't think anyone is worried about that - definitely not if you watched last nights game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was wondering the same thing. When the hell did we send a Ram to the moon?
The monkey got food poisoning from a tainted banana. So they grabbed a big mountain goat. Never made it back cuz he ate all the wiring. NASA covered it up so the public never knew what really happened. At least that's what I heard.

fearsomefour

Legend
To me playing scared for a QB is what we saw with Bulger toward the end of his career. Falling away on his follow through, not looking down field at the first hint of pressure ect.
Bradford is fine in that regard I think. But, it can be a short trip from Favre like durability to Chris Chandler like injury history.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Some of you talking about your knee injuries have to take into account when your injury happened. Technology and knowledge about knee repair is a lot different now. I tore my acl, lcl, pcl, and hamstring tendon all completely. After surgery my knee feels pretty close to 100%. Its the psychological part that I still struggle with

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
why do i have to wait on a injury report for? i mean i dont think it's serious,but the fact that little contact made him leave the game isnt very encouraging
He left a PRE-SEASON game after apparently hyper-extending his repaired knee. You expected them to leave him in?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well....SHIT.

Okay, now it can be said without any irony and all joking aside.

WE WILL RALLY AROUND SHAUN HILL AND WE WILL PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL!!!