The Accidental Coach of the Cleveland Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I saw where the Bills were 10th on defense under Pettine. Question is who'd they play to get to 10th? Rhetorical ?, doesn't need a response since that's on the record. At least he'll be getting good bread as the head coach as 16 year olds need lots of money for cars and the like! :)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Accidental might be the way to go with Cleveland.
Because they sure can't do anything right on purpose.

rimshot.jpg

I knew there was a reason for this thread, this punch line.

Is primetime the straight man?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting article. We'll see on Pettine. One of those guys who has always had a stigma around him for running his mouth a little too much. Rumor with the Jets was that he was feeding inside information to one of the Jets' beat writers to undermine other coaches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I knew there was a reason for this thread, this punch line.

Is primetime the straight man?

Accidentally he was ... yeah. :LOL:

I like the NFL articles, myself (which is why I made the forum that way a couple years ago). It's cool to read about other teams and increase my knowledge of what's going on around the league. I talk to all kinds of fans of different teams, and it's always a good thing to be able to intelligently discuss their teams (and subsequently ridicule them in the process).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I like the NFL articles, myself (which is why I made the forum that way a couple years ago). It's cool to read about other teams and increase my knowledge of what's going on around the league. I talk to all kinds of fans of different teams, and it's always a good thing to be able to intelligently discuss their teams (and subsequently ridicule them in the process).
Yeah and some days the Rams news is slow,besides the anality of the Around the league rules and draft forum rules are part of what make RRF such an uptight place.

moklerman

Warner-phile

I don't disagree with that but this board doesn't usually present a lot of league wide news. It's usually Rams related. If one is so inclined, there are many outlets for non-Rams articles and usually, it's just the big news items that find their way here. I just didn't see it as particularly news worthy or Rams related.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm always the straight man here. Didn't you guys already figure that out?

n3nktf.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't disagree with that but this board doesn't usually present a lot of league wide news. It's usually Rams related. If one is so inclined, there are many outlets for non-Rams articles and usually, it's just the big news items that find their way here. I just didn't see it as particularly news worthy or Rams related.
Could you rephrase that cuz I still don't get why you have a problem with it ,it was an unusual article about an unusual set of circumstances out of the forest it was a tree worth looking at.

THANK YOU PRIME for posting it,it's the kind of behind the scenes stuff you rarely get
The bolded part BTW, I like this being my only stop it's my football Super Center ,if it ain't here I don't figure it's interesting or important one or tother

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I like the nfl articles as well. I couldn't work that into my post though as it didn't fit in to what I wanted to say regarding your punchline.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is what it is. You don't have to read it if you don't want. I'm the one who made it Rams-NFL Talk a couple of years ago because I didn't want to keep jumping around the board to read stuff about other teams or the draft, so I kept it all in one place. Just because it's not Rams-related, doesn't mean people won't find it interesting. I mean, how many articles do I need to read that contain the very quotes I put out every week in the Transcripts? There are literally dozens. So I think a story about Pettine to be a nice change of pace.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I feel for the Cleveland Browns fans they actually have it harder than we do and put me on the skeptical list with Pettine...Now I don't think they will be as bad as they have been and Pettine will offer up some hope and Brown fans will love the guy because he's one of them, but in the long run I don't see a successful run.

I'm one of the few who actually applaud the selection of Johnny Manziel the city of Cleveland needed something because Lord knows, Lebron is not coming back. IMO Haslam missed his opportunity with Chip Kelly and one thing I can guarantee about Pettine...He'll be around a while because they just fired his predecessor after one year so Pettine will get at the very minimum three years and we'll see how it plays out, however, IMO the successor to Pettine will be the man in Cleveland and IMO that could be a college coach and I will go out on a limb and predict it will be former Cincinnati Bearcat and current Tennessee Volunteer Head Coach Butch Jones.