The 2024 Rams still have a ton of question marks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing I admired about Jeff Fisher(please don’t shoot me) is that he always tried his best to construct the roster to beat the Seahawks

And then lose to everyone else.

I'm so happy Mcvay does not do one thing the same as fisher.

Flint

Pro Bowler
They don’t need to be. They just need to be good, solid players as rookies.

I’m not going to quote everything in your post with which I disagree but, whilst I understand your apprehension, this team showed in the second half of last season just how good it could be.

I’ll be stunned if we don’t make the playoffs.
I think McVay is confident his offense will be able to score and possess the ball with the run game. The better the offense is the less you need from the defense theoretically, I think they’ll start to figure it out later in the year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good to see you around Legz. Hope you're doing well.

I actually think this team will be better this season on both sides of the ball if they can stay fairly healthy. There will be some injuries, I'm sure. But I think our overall talent and real depth is pretty damn good.

Looking forward to seeing you participate around here this season. Cheers!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we also have more depth than weve ever had. Tutu for Robinson, Whittington and Johnson, Jimmy is probably the best backup QB we've had, Limmer looked great, Hoecht started last year and is now a backup, we are 5 deep at safety. CB lacks proven depth and LB now lacks a legit starter (until someone shows otherwise). Corum is the best backup RB weve had.

The OL is legit deeper than it's been across the board.

MauiRam

Rookie
Better O-line + Blake Corum .. If we run the ball consistently, we'll win alot of games. A solid running game keeps defenses honest. I believe Sean has finally seen the light and we'll be running the ball a lot more this year. Keeping Matthew healthy can't be overstressed..

Conversely an anemic run game invites opposing defenses to pin back their ears and go balls to the wall without fear of getting gouged.. Luck with fewer injuries is an essential ingredient too. We'll see .....

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
FWIW, I’m more optimistic in all of those areas that concern you.

i see a 12-13 win season and possible division crown. A deep playoff run seems likely to me, in fact, anything less would disappoint me.

That might depend on how the Rams come out of the gate. They can’t afford to stumble with 5 straight NFC games to open up. That would be a serious tiebreaker hole to dig their way out of.

No matter what, I think the Rams will be unstoppable coming out of the bye.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
They don’t need to be. They just need to be good, solid players as rookies.

I’m not going to quote everything in your post with which I disagree but, whilst I understand your apprehension, this team showed in the second half of last season just how good it could be.

I’ll be stunned if we don’t make the playoffs.
“Whilst”?
Was your pinky out when you typed that?

Between the expanded vocabulary and commentary and existential perspectives on the reality of, well, OUR reality, it
appears that some ROD members went to summer school this off-season.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm way too nervous going into the season... because I have high expectations.
One of the glorious things about last year was enjoying watching this team grow and. exceed everyone's (nationally) expectations.

I'm legit worried about game one.. in Detroit.. with two backup tackles. That's a concern. They're also going up against a legit Super Bowl contender that will be fired up with an insane crowd. It's not an ideal opener.

That said.. the Rams were a penalty call away from beating them in the playoffs in the same situation last year.

I'm crazy excited to see what this team looks like when the lights go on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm way too nervous going into the season... because I have high expectations.
One of the glorious things about last year was enjoying watching this team grow and. exceed everyone's (nationally) expectations.

I'm legit worried about game one.. in Detroit.. with two backup tackles. That's a concern. They're also going up against a legit Super Bowl contender that will be fired up with an insane crowd. It's not an ideal opener.

That said.. the Rams were a penalty call away from beating them in the playoffs in the same situation last year.

I'm crazy excited to see what this team looks like when the lights go on.

this team is better.

and the way it's constructed i don't think we'll be seeing any fade balls into the endzone. blake corum is going to eat them up inside the 5 yard line.

remember gurley in 2019? a td scoring machine inside the 5. that's what i'm expecting from corum.

they won't be going into the redzone 3 times again and coming up empty.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
this team is better.

and the way it's constructed i don't think we'll be seeing any fade balls into the endzone. blake corum is going to eat them up inside the 5 yard line.

remember gurley in 2019? a td scoring machine inside the 5. that's what i'm expecting from corum.

they won't be going into the redzone 3 times again and coming up empty.

I believe that will be the case when the line is intact.. I'm only worried that it will be a challenge without them.

Your vision is exactly what I expect, overall, this season. The offensive continuity with Stafford, Kupp, Robinson, Nacua, Davis and Williams is going to help propel this team. I just can't wait to watch them destroy teams out of 11 personnel again. Even on here, I think people underrate just how much of a connection Stafford has now with Robinson. He has 3 reliable WRs.. wild!! Plus Parkinson and Davis.. plus Williams and Corum? My goodness!!!

The defense is a total mystery right now.. can't wait to see it in action. I feel like they have at least three legitimate playmakers in the defensive secondary now... whereas they had none last year. I expect them to generate more turnovers.

Really weird to me when I looked it up... the Chiefs were one of the worst teams in the NFL in turnover margin last season. Wild.