Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Interesting article but I’m not a fan of this route at all. Plus this person loses any credibility with me when he makes the comment that the team needs to finally open up the wallet. We’re continually a top of the league payroll and this mentality that we don’t spend money is idiotic.

I think that the trade for Lindor is an overpay and weakens our OF a lot. Taylor and Kike’ are nice but them and or Pollock starting is terrible. We need to add a bullpen arm or two and I’d love to sign Rendon and retain Ryu. They want to move Turner to first which opens up 3b, though they could move Seager there. Lux can play 2b or SS but if Turner is moving to first that means Muncy is at 2b.

Its going to be an interesting offseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come to the Dodgers baby we won't disrespect you! Opt out after 2021 season looking more and more like it's going to be used. Add his reported attitude to the GM and his no trade clause and we're looking at the final days of him being a Rockie IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Come to the Dodgers baby we won't disrespect you! Opt out after 2021 season looking more and more like it's going to be used. Add his reported attitude to the GM and his no trade clause and we're looking at the final days of him being a Rockie IMO.

Unless the Cardinals trade for him. :p

Truth be told, I don't want to deal for Arenado when it'll likely cost us Gorman, Liberatore, and another top prospect, as well as a Major League starter. That's what I'm hearing what the cost is.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless the Cardinals trade for him. :p

Truth be told, I don't want to deal for Arenado when it'll likely cost us Gorman, Liberatore, and another top prospect, as well as a Major League starter. That's what I'm hearing what the cost is.
Which we can and would pay. But they won’t trade him to us so we’ll just wait for him to opt out in 2021 and break the bank for him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Which we can and would pay. But they won’t trade him to us so we’ll just wait for him to opt out in 2021 and break the bank for him.

Well, I get why you would pay it; after losing out on Rendon, Turner's age at the time Arenado (likely) opts out, the unknown variable in Seager, and the fact that you have the deepest farm system in the league...well, yeah, of course you'd pay up, if the Rockies would trade in the division (which they obviously won't.)

The Cardinals aren't in the same position. The only positive in the Arenado trade would be dumping one of the worst contracts we have (i.e., Carpenter or Fowler) to make up the money. Problem with that is that we still have to give up too much assets to get Arenado, if not more because of the aforementioned contract dumping.

You can afford the luxury payroll that comes with Arenado's deal; we can't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not bad for a versatile all star. Since he didn't get established until fairly late I don't expect him to have a long career, but if he has a season close to last years that would justify the whole contract. From a misused minor leaguer with the A's to set for life.
Yup he’ll be 30 soon and this deal is buying out arbitration years and the option is his first year of free agency. The rebirth of Muncy has been amazing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bvcw4r7y7cg41.jpg

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Dodgers cheated out of a championship in 2017 and most likely 2018. Meanwhile, the Dodgers have cheated nearly 3/4 of Dodger fans as their games haven't been televised on DirecTV for what seems like forever. I can't even recall the last time I saw Vin Scully call games on a regular basis before his retirement. So don't complain Dodger. I blame the entire organization--but especially management. I hope they flub it up like they did against the Nationals last season. Meanwhile, I'll watch the California Angels and other teams until Ram season begins.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Dodgers cheated out of a championship in 2017 and most likely 2018. Meanwhile, the Dodgers have cheated nearly 3/4 of Dodger fans as their games haven't been televised on DirecTV for what seems like forever. I can't even recall the last time I saw Vin Scully call games on a regular basis before his retirement. So don't complain Dodgers. I blame the entire organization--but especially management. I hope they flub it up like they did against the Nationals last season. Meanwhile, I'll watch the California Angels and other teams until Ram season begins.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, that was one classic comeback for Muncy. Bumgarner has always been a hot head. From screaming at batters after a home run to screaming at them if they act pissed at themselves on a pop up. Muncy owned him with that one. :ROFLMAO: