T.J. McDonald sidelined until training camp with leg injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mad as hell about TJ's injury....but on the flip side....
With both McDonald and Barron sitting out at Tuesday OTA, Eureka High product Maurice Alexander worked with starting defense.

Maurice Alexander got some work with first-team defense at strong safety.

For now, Alexander is getting valuable opportunities that could be helpful in the long run. The former fourth-round pick was considered a bit of a project when the Rams drafted him, so any additional chances he gets to work with the first team could benefit him long-term.
My man Mo, getting big reps....I wonder whats up with Barron?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As long as he's back in time, guess it doesn't matter.

Never of fan of the vague descriptions of injuries... I get it that they appear to not want to tell us everything... but "ordeal"???

Surely, Fisher could have come up with a better word than that. Now, most people would want to know more.
Maybe he was in an S&M club and had a mishap involving a trapeze and two dwarfs. You really want to know about all that? o_O

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hate to hear that our secondary has some injuries this early but as I posted this off season the Rams DB is fat & oozzzing with young talent.

TJ could be our first Fisher/Snead era home grown pro bowl DB. The Mark Barron unhealthy scratch has my ears perked up too. Mark sure needs to remain healthy in his final season on his 4 yr rookie contract. Mark is in that "make-or-break year" that we hear so often now.

Mark is more SS than a deep safety. It may be true that Mark may be even better as a WSLB'er than as safety too. Many sport writers said he "FLOPPED " totally in Tampa Bay. But I sure have no issues with him playing SS for us until TJ is healthy. But I sure prefer TJ over Mark. That really says something here because Mark was a top 10 draft pick.

Marks rookie season was not good he did not start but when he was on the field it was playing deeper than close & it was again not good. In 2013 he missed some pre season action with a hammy that caused him issues the entire season & missed a couple of games & departed the field after starting a few too his 2nd season when he was able to start was once again not good. Then after the conclusion of his 2nd season he had surgery on his knee on January of 2014. By August Mark's knee was still Unhealthy & the Buc were forced to trade for Major Wright. Being a Floridian I was reading all the time that the Buc's considered Mark a big liability in coverage & this was being said early in 2013. Early in 2014 it was clear that Mark was did not fit the Lovie's defense period.

Snead traded for Mark late last season when he lost both his FS's (McLeod/Davis) in one game due to injury. McLeod return quickly to prevent Mark from heavy use @ the deep safety action. Mark did not look good playing in the back end of the defense. However Mark when used in a sub-package linebacker role flashed serious play-making abilities.

Said it before will say it again having both Mark & TJ on the field @ the same time will cause big anxiety for most all opponents who have the football in their hands.