Sweet TD Catch By Bailey During OTA's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
QB might have gotten crushed before he got that pass off IMO. Major pressure.

Great catch
Nice throw
Good pressure
:D

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm not a DB coach, but when the CB is lined up 5 yards deep and gets one legal chance to knock the guy off his route and your only ten yards from the end zone,Id say the rec. is at a pretty distinct advantage,looks to me like by that time TRU would have been as well off to just run with him.
It was a nice catch and all, but when the leather starts popping ,I hope we don't get any wrs hurt cuz the smack talked during the touch football phase

sostl

Starter
I don't think he took PEDs Shaun. In fact, I think the league admitted it wasn't PEDs, just something on the banned substance list....which is as long as Aaron Hernandez' arrest record.

Did anyone else see who I presume to be Aaron Donald about ready to STREAMROLL Shaun Hill in that clip?? The red jersey is all that kept Hill from currently being a grease spot on that field, lolz.
I believe that's Quinn

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't think he took PEDs Shaun. In fact, I think the league admitted it wasn't PEDs, just something on the banned substance list....which is as long as Aaron Hernandez' arrest record.

Did anyone else see who I presume to be Aaron Donald about ready to STREAMROLL Shaun Hill in that clip?? The red jersey is all that kept Hill from currently being a grease spot on that field, lolz.
I did see that! No way that pass gets out if not for the red jersey.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Shaun Hill looks pretty darn good too! So happy about Hill now being the back up over the affable, but limited Kellen Clemens!

Great play. I have no idea what would have happened in an actual game. But, I'd guess that Bradford would have thrown to the slot WR.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I did see that! No way that pass gets out if not for the red jersey.

Geez, mighty Quinn. This game is too easy for him, esp when lined up against Hooey and Person.

Hill might have gotten off the pass, but he doesn't get up to throw the next pass.

TruJo had perfect positioning (maybe he could have turned around), but no reason to be embarrassed. It's just that when your WR has flypaper hands, sometimes that's just too good.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Geez, mighty Quinn. This game is too easy for him, esp when lined up against Hooey and Person.

Hill might have gotten off the pass, but he doesn't get up to throw the next pass.

TruJo had perfect positioning (maybe he could have turned around), but no reason to be embarrassed. It's just that when your WR has flypaper hands, sometimes that's just too good.
Agreed @junkman , I think Steady is going to have a nice season in spite of the 4 game "vacation".

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know why Tru would be disappointed with himself on that play you can't cover a guy much better than that, it was just a great catch.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
It's only OTAs, I'd have liked to see that sorta catch in week 1, but hey, he took PEDs - idiot!

My worry is that our CBs are getting walked over by our own WRs and a stand-in QB, or am i just being a pessimist this morning?

Wide receivers versus DB's...During OTA's, who has the advantage? Offense of defense? I'm sure OTA's are different then full contact game conditions. I don't know if OTA's favor offenses or defenses.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wide receivers versus DB's...During OTA's, who has the advantage? Offense of defense? I'm sure OTA's are different then full contact game conditions. I don't know if OTA's favor offenses or defenses.
Offensive guy always has the advantage of knowing where he is going

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, that move sure looks like the Mighty Quinn.

If there is a 4 game stretch where the Rams could have success without Bailey, the first 4 is probably it. I want him there when Rams knock the Hawks out of the playoffs week 16.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So I should take these TD strikes with a grain of salt? I shouldn't worry about Trumaine Johnson? I shouldn't buy a Kenny Britt Jersey...yet?

Correct. But you could confidently buy a Bailey jersey!

You know we're football starved when we are discussing this play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm telling you guys, Bailey has one of the sickest pair of hands I've ever seen, can't wait to see those suckers in action during the regular season. You know... after the suspension. :(

I noticed in that offensive OTA teaser video when you saw Britt, he caught the ball against his body. But Bailey snagged the ball out of the air with his hands. Hands catchers look so much more natural. It's beautiful.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Shaun Hill looks pretty darn good too! So happy about Hill now being the back up over the affable, but limited Kellen Clemens!
Nice throw, having confidence in your receiver, nice catch by Bailey, ugh, we will miss him the first 4 games, we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Lastly, pretty good coverage by Tru. As a CB, in that technique, which we all want them to play, not much you can do on that, except, when in pads, you attack his arms all the way to the ground.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So I should take these TD strikes with a grain of salt? I shouldn't worry about Trumaine Johnson? I shouldn't buy a Kenny Britt Jersey...yet?

hopefully he has a great year and you can get one next season after they sign him to a cap friendly long term deal

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would say yes, no and are they available???

In these practices the defenders aren't playing completely as they would in live action, getting their hands in there and ripping at the ball when it arrives. Tru was in great position, knocked Bailey off his route a bit and did about all they will allow in these practices I see nothing to be concerned with.

As for the jersey I think there are several other players more worthy at this point but everyone has their favorites if he's your guy go for it!!

Athos

Legend
I'm telling you guys, Bailey has one of the sickest pair of hands I've ever seen, can't wait to see those suckers in action during the regular season. You know... after the suspension. :(

Kept telling people before the draft he's a better pure WR than Austin. Unfortunately he had to be a complete dumbass. It mystifies me how, with all these suspensions for foreign substances in players bodies, they don't check with the team doctor/coach/etc before ingesting crap that could lead to 4 game bans.

Hopefully Bailey doesn't lose his edge sitting on the bench for 5 weeks.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Kept telling people before the draft he's a better pure WR than Austin. Unfortunately he had to be a complete dumbass. It mystifies me how, with all these suspensions for foreign substances in players bodies, they don't check with the team doctor/coach/etc before ingesting crap that could lead to 4 game bans.

Hopefully Bailey doesn't lose his edge sitting on the bench for 5 weeks.

I don't think there was any question in his mind that smoking pot would get him a suspension. It was pot wasn't it?