Sure look's like the rams need Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So we need another rookie WR that will take two or three years to develop???

I think there are other positions of need in the first round that are more of a ?? than WR. We still need help in the secondary and Oline more than WR.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We don't need anymore 'sure thing' receivers that end up taking time to develop and frustrating everybody with what they aren't yet.

If we go after another receiver it'll have to be an established, long tenured guy in the NFL. He doesn't have to be Megatron or Dez or anybody like that, hell he could be a Mark Clayton, but I think we're all tired of drafting WR after WR in hope that this one will be our Calvin Johnson.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If there is a guy in the draft that's an AJ Green type, or a Julio Jones type, or a Fitzgerald type there when we pick, then we take him, otherwise we will need to get some help elsewhere.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If there is a guy in the draft that's an AJ Green type, or a Julio Jones type, or a Fitzgerald type there when we pick, then we take him, otherwise we will need to get some help elsewhere.
But therein lies the rub. There are tons of first round receivers who didn't pan out.
And the 'elsewhere' help is just receivers who didn't live up to their potential either (mostly).

ausmurp

Starter
I agree, we still need a WR for sure. We also need a new WR coach, the dude just isn't getting it done. Go back to Ellard, pay him whatever he wants to be a part of this organization again - firing Ellard was a much bigger mistake than people are realizing - proof in the progression of our WR corps...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
But therein lies the rub. There are tons of first round receivers who didn't pan out.
And the 'elsewhere' help is just receivers who didn't live up to their potential either (mostly).

Yes, BUT, I'm talking about a sure fire thing like the guys I mentioned, there was no doubts about any of those guys. Question is, if there is a player like that available in this draft at all.

RamEERS

Pastor
there's a reason why some people call sammy watkins, sammy dropkins.. yay... another one of those...

lockdnram21

Legend
i still feel we are not going to get a wr in the draf. I think bailey and Quick will be our starting outside receivers next season

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does Watkins drop rate compare to Evans?

According to the articles BigRamFan linked, Evans is at 3.5% with Watkins at 5.7%. But Sammy dropped a lot of passes last year. He doesn't have bad hands per-say but he's not Mike Evans or Alshon Jeffery or AJ Green or Dez Bryant. He's not the guy that's going to catch just about everything in his radius and consistently come down with the ball in traffic. He's a guy with great YAC skills and speed.

On another board, I compared him to Andre "Bad Moon" Rison in terms of talent. Mike Evans is more Alshon Jeffery. Deceptively fast, very physical, extremely strong at the catch point, able to win jump balls, very reliable hands and surprisingly agile for his size...but not a lot of burst off the line.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I'm pretty angry about this game, and pretty disappointed in Givens.
He really needs to step his shit up and stop dropping caught passes.

lockdnram21

Legend
I pretty sure were going to see a lot more of Quick and Bailey. The last 4 games. If they can't put up solid games. For us then I'm all in on Watkins or Lee. I say no to Evans dude is overrated