Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It matters RB.

Suh would either transplant Brock at 5T, or play the nose. I don't think he's going to come in here and hold it down on the nose. I don't think he's a good fit period, as Brock is one of the better 5Ts in the league right now IMO.

Once again, let him go somewhere else. Draft a nose, and some LBs. Dominate.
Not a fan of the "appeal to a higher authority" defense, but I think its truly the answer here. If Wade and McVay so need to have this guy, that tells me that they know exactly how to use him and that they are willing to upset the apple cart to get him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As a 3T over the past few years he's averaged roughly 5 sacks a year (with 4.5 last year), putting him inside even in this scheme where a nose gets to one gap, he's going to be in a non-ideal situation for padding his stats. And that's important to Suh I think, and somewhat important to us from the perspective of whether we can count on the guy to focus in over the course of a contract that is probably going to be much less than he's used to.

Suh is already a very wealthy man, at 31 he may be thinking more about a ring and a gold jacket than seeking out another poor team to carry on his back. Signing a one or two year contract with the Rams still leaves him with an option for another fairly long term contract after a short term deal. This also allows the Rams a safety net should Donald serve notice that his next contract demand is too expensive, giving the Rams the option of trading Donald after one season as a franchised player (following the 2019 season) or franchising him a second time. Either way, Suh should be a great fit in a Phillips scheme, the man knows how to line up players to get the most out of them. jmo.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gotta disagree with the big boss man there.
Yeah I argued with him on that front too. His response was that he can play any of the gaps you want him to and do it well but doesn’t really excell at any of them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I argued with him on that front too. His response was that he can play any of the gaps you want him to and do it well but doesn’t really excell at any of them.
Which IMO is not only accurate but it's something every team needs. Guys that can do a job and do it well, not Pro Bowl level, surrounding the Pro Bowl level guys like Donald.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well the offer is off the table for Suh & Da’Jets.

Think The Rams are in divers Seat

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well yea, that's true. I thought he meant that Brockers isn't a great scheme fit, not that Brockers isn't a great player. Yea, Brockers is only a good player, but he plays a pivotal role for us, and if we land Suh, it ought to free him up to do what he does best.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So we're comparing Carl Lewis, one of the greatest athletes and track stars of all time to a gas man, a guy who uses an electric drill to undo one nut, another guy who pulls the tire off and rolls it to another guy who gets it out of the way? Now that's good comedy there.

I mean, I hold the world record for running out to my mailbox and retrieving my mail in the snow but I am currently not athletic.

I guess some parameters would be in order as you say (I can see some people screaming, SWEET JESUS, NOT PARAMETERS!!) But I just assumed we were talking about athletes at the top of their sport game or activity because of their natural abilities. You can pretty much teach anyone to be a pit guy way before you can teach him to do what Carl Lewis did.
Ok, so now we are getting somewhere. We are talking about god-given abilities and not training, timing, competition, strategy, rule parameters, teamwork and the like. Oh, by the way, the drill is pneumatic, the wheels (25 pounds) are held on by 5 lug nuts, the gas can weighs 95 pounds, the jack is 18 pounds. Of course, any dumb ass knows Carl Lewis can run and jump faster and higher than just about anybody else on Earth in his prime. But then again, these pit crews can do their craft better than anybody else on Earth. I'm not sure how Carl Lewis would do on a pit crew. Normally, ex NFL players are utilized on many pit crews. It seems OL/DL/LB and or WR are the former positions used the most. I thought we were talking about what is considered sports and who is considered athletes, not who was the best at a certain athletic feat? But of course, this is for a thread in another ROD Forum and not this mammoth Suh thread. But I'd have to say AD would be a better gas man than Suh and I think I probably hold the running out to the mailbox in the snow record but I did it barefooted.
;)

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://gotitans.com/threads/dt-ndamukong-suh-visits-titans-update-jets-are-out.99904/page-82

We took the lead over the Titans board! We're neck and neck coming down the stretch for 100!
giphy.gif

With quality posts like this we're a shoe in!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Is it a sport or not a sport? debate doesn't really interest me. What interests me is the Is he/she an artist or a musician? debate. There are alot of artists out there who call themselves musicians. If all you can do is hold a microphone and hit PLAY on a sequencer you're not a musician.

Meh, a debate for another place and time maybe...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Which IMO is not only accurate but it's something every team needs. Guys that can do a job and do it well, not Pro Bowl level, surrounding the Pro Bowl level guys like Donald.

Well yea, that's true. I thought he meant that Brockers isn't a great scheme fit, not that Brockers isn't a great player. Yea, Brockers is only a good player, but he plays a pivotal role for us, and if we land Suh, it ought to free him up to do what he does best.
Yep. That’s what he was saying when he said you could win a SB with him. He can play and play well with others on the line. He can do just about anything you want him to on the line. Put him next to AD and Suh and watch out. And he’s just downright giddy about the idea of that along with our revamped backfield.

So just that I’m clear here. I’m repeating what my boss says and it makes sense to me. I know that many on this board have studied Xs and Os more than I ever will. But it’s a cool opportunity for me to have someone who wants to take the time to lay it out with specific players that I have seen play and know that he’s been there, done that. It’s a double bonus that he knows Wade and his system.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams' defensive line would be flat-out scary if Ndamukong Suh joined it. Check out this nugget from ESPN Stats & Info: While lined up as a tackle pre-snap, Suh and Aaron Donald have combined for 42 sacks over the last four seasons. The most by two teammates right now? 38, by Donald and the Rams' other down lineman, Michael Brockers.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Pop Quiz.
Two NFL players in league history have 5 Super Bowl rings. Tom Brady is one. Who is the other?