Sugar Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They did only play 6 games, they're a great team but they had it easy getting to that point. I didn't realize this was out of line today I learned. They played 5 less games to get to this point and a lot of things can happen to set a team back or they can hit a slump or get injuries or give teams more tape on them to look at. Don't know about 11 but Ohio St 1000% had it easier than the other 3 in the playoffs to get there.
IDK you can also make the debate with so many changes the team did not have time to jell. Either way it was not Ohio State’s fault they only played 6 games, but I understand how some might feel, but if I was coaching against I would not make a point of it or make it even worse. You can bet Saban will praise them.

Again not communicating some feel differently just feeling I don’t need to give my opponent any ammunition

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IDK you can also make the debate with so many changes the team did not have time to jell. Either way it was not Ohio State’s fault they only played 6 games, but I understand how some might feel, but if I was coaching against I would not make a point of it or make it even worse. You can bet Sabin will praise them.

Again not communicating some feel differently just feeling I don’t need to give my opponent any ammunition
Not saying it's their fault and I doubt coach was either. But it's a simple fact they had a shorter/easier road to that point than the other 3 teams did. And if they need something like this for motivation their coach needs an upgrade.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying it's their fault and I doubt coach was either. But it's a simple fact they had a shorter/easier road to that point than the other 3 teams did. And if they need something like this for motivation their coach needs an upgrade.

Clemson, OSU and Alabama are just a cut above everyone else.

If Clemson or Alabama had only played 6 games they still would have deserved it - each school would be undefeated with the other schools' schedule. The ACC is awful. Clemson destroyed their only threat in Notre Dame.

The SEC is overrated - none of them pose a threat to Alabama, none would beat Clemson or OSU.

The Big Ten isn't competitive with Ohio State at this point. I think they're better than the ACC if you take away OSU and Clemson, save for this year with Notre Dame.

But I'm pretty confident Ohio State would obliterate Notre Dame.

The CFP committee has backed themselves into a corner with the way they've selected teams - they should have just said on day one "were taking who we think are the four best teams, and you're not always going to agree". Ohio State may have had an easier road, but I don't really see it that way. The games that were cancelled, all three were going to be blow outs. It hurt OSU more than helped that those games got cancelled.

And even if we lost one, at 8-1 with a conference championship we would have gotten in this year.

Just bizarre the lengths that Clemson and the SEC coaches went to when discussing the 6 game thing when OSU was clearly one of the four best teams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I understand, but again, you don't want to give a team extra motivation, there is a difference...Sometimes you need to let sleeping dogs lie...Give this a listen at the 1:04 mark, I get it's Urban Meyer, but IMO the best Coaches don't say much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEgJJur0Wc

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand, but again, you don't want to give a team extra motivation, there is a difference...Sometimes you need to let sleeping dogs lie...Give this a listen at the 1:04 mark, I get it's Urban Meyer, but IMO the best Coaches don't say much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEgJJur0Wc

It's also worth pointing out two more things: Ohio State has had at least equal talent to Clemson and ESPNs FPI had it as a coin flip game.

When a game is potentially that close, ranking them 11th and then also saying "there's only six games so they'll be a quick study" - not smart. Obviously both teams will be motivated, so no reason to hand out extra motivation