Starting Rookies On The OL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams are starting two Rookies and a couple other guys who have started just a handful of games this year.
I watched the Steelers- Patriots game last night, and the Patriots started THREE rookies on their OL, and thier OL did a pretty good job.
Just saying because there have been a lot of folks crying about how the season is over before it starts for the Rams because they are starting two Rookies on the OL.
Seachicks are starting at least one rookie, maybe two, and a very inexperienced OL also.
If the Rams play like they did at the end of last season, Rams should win. If they play like they did in pre-season and the beginning of last year, they will probably lose.

Starting rookies on the OL worked out pretty well for the Patsies last night.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams are starting two Rookies and a couple other guys who have started just a handful of games this year.
I watched the Steelers- Patriots game last night, and the Patriots started THREE rookies on their OL, and thier OL did a pretty good job.
Just saying because there have been a lot of folks crying about how the season is over before it starts for the Rams because they are starting two Rookies on the OL.
Seachicks are starting at least one rookie, maybe two, and a very inexperienced OL also.
If the Rams play like they did at the end of last season, Rams should win. If they play like they did in pre-season and the beginning of last year, they will probably lose.

They are well coached

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I watched the Steelers- Patriots game last night, and the Patriots started THREE rookies on their OL, and thier OL did a pretty good job.........Starting rookies on the OL worked out pretty well for the Patsies last night.
I was looking at the same game, thinking the SAME thing....Then another thought went through my mind...I think the Pats & the Steelers defenses are garbage....And...And Brady anticipated his weaker O-Line, and really got it out quick, moved his protections. Just got a handle on where the rush was coming....But the Steelers front 3, to me, looked like straight garbage.
Another thing I noticed, they do this passing play, that has run blocking elements...their guard pulls to help on the ends..Looks really...neat. I liked it at least. Seems as if they are well coached...I heard how Bilichick simplifies the game the first week, then get progressively more complex...that may be why the O-Line could really be effective.
UDFA center...3rd round OG (Tre Jackson)....4th round OG (Shaq Mason).....still impressive...I thought Pittsburgh's O-Line looked good too...But overall, poor defensive play by both teams, so really no comparison to the NFC West....

FrankenRam

Starter

And what worked well for NE last night has absolutely nothing to with employing multiple rookies on the OL (or anywhere else) for any other team.

Is it possible the Rams OL could be the best this year that we've seen in a long time even with all the inexperience. Of course, it's possible. It's possible I could win the lottery this week too. But I wouldn't bet on either.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I was looking at the same game, thinking the SAME thing....Then another thought went through my mind...I think the Pats & the Steelers defenses are garbage....And...And Brady anticipated his weaker O-Line, and really got it out quick, moved his protections. Just got a handle on where the rush was coming....But the Steelers front 3, to me, looked like straight garbage.
Another thing I noticed, they do this passing play, that has run blocking elements...their guard pulls to help on the ends..Looks really...neat. I liked it at least. Seems as if they are well coached...I heard how Bilichick simplifies the game the first week, then get progressively more complex...that may be why the O-Line could really be effective.
UDFA center...3rd round OG (Tre Jackson)....4th round OG (Shaq Mason).....still impressive...I thought Pittsburgh's O-Line looked good too...But overall, poor defensive play by both teams, so really no comparison to the NFC West....

Tre' Jackson: I pounded the table for him being I live right near Florida State and they put 3 OL in starting positions for this week. Tre' was recovering from a knee not (acl) but it still dropped him in draft and he's gonna be a major keeper like A.J Cann from South Carolina and Tomlinson from Duke who are all starting OG's and WE still got (J. Brown and C. Wichmann) who are gonna both be bigtime for us. Then Shaq Mason (OG/C) who I also was on this board during draft saying grab this guy as he was awesome blocking in that rare Georgia Tech running offense you have to really prepare hard for. Mason WOULD have given Tim Barnes his strongest competition for the starting center position over Rhaney and Jones as he is a special big and fast OL and has played center. Was actually listed as center and played some there during Senior Bowl. Had great practices and was a standout.

The FSU center is the starting (OLG) for the browns after they used their second 1st round pick on him. If they don't extend Mack he'll be there starting (C) next season. What a draft for starting (OG's). Even the 1st pick taken with 5th pick is starting for skins as an (OG) . I could go on,there are more. If done right good rookies can be gotten away with. Glad Foles is a 3 second first read guy. Hope Mannion really works out for us as we passed on so many studs to take him that high.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@GabesHorn
It was a great draft for OG's.....I'm pretty happy with Jamon Brown & Wichmann as well...

Boy I really liked AJ Cann tho.....

WestCoastRam

Legend
They're also in an offensive system where Brady makes the line calls if I remember. That's gotta help some. I believe that was the system that McDaniel's had bradford run when he was here.