Starting QB rankings- Goff #20

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While I won't go into the where he should be ranked argument..... I want to address what hasn't been talked about. Our offense changed as the season went forward. And some of the problems Goff was having might have been the offense design changes. Once we seemed to embrace the 12 personnel going forward the offense (and Goff's individual #s....) definitely went up. Over the last 5 games Goff was 143 out of 216 for a 66 % completion rating. 1643 yds (328 a game) with 11 TDs and 4 ints. And while we tried to continue to work a spread offense most of the league had learned how to defense, Tyler Higbee was hardly a blip on anyone's screen. During the last 5 games he caught 43 balls for 522 yds for a 12.1 yd. per catch. And most of the success is going to a dedicated 12 lineup. Much like McVay ran @ Washington. But after the beatdown from Baltimore, I think something had to change and a new emphasis on ball control short passing game, which Goff played well within the system. His only negatives was when he tried to revert to the spread concepts and push the ball down the field.
No, I'm not trying to state he's a top 10 QB yet. But if he embraces the changes we put forth down the stretch, I can see an offense which can control the clock allowing more rest for the defense and wearing teams down as games progress. Now, the next jump has to be the offensive line. But that's a different discussion (or a simple cussin'....) for another time. I think once he reflects on the season, Goff will try to embrace, going forward, what we were accomplishing down the stretch.
Just my thoughts......

KJD_Ram

Rookie
"Del Taco not only makes Carnitas, but they make it better than many mexican restaurants I've been to."

Hey, do they still have Naugles down there...Loved that stuff when I lived in SoCal...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Taller, more mobile, better arm, younger and has come up big on the road, in the playoffs...Goff wins the beauty contest and QB pageant.

Are you forgetting Goff winning in New Orleans? Cousins ALWAYS lost big games until this year. And he had a run game to carry him this year. WTH is wrong with some of your memories? Cousins is an excellent quarterback, @LesBaker?
While I won't go into the where he should be ranked argument..... I want to address what hasn't been talked about. Our offense changed as the season went forward. And some of the problems Goff was having might have been the offense design changes. Once we seemed to embrace the 12 personnel going forward the offense (and Goff's individual #s....) definitely went up. Over the last 5 games Goff was 143 out of 216 for a 66 % completion rating. 1643 yds (328 a game) with 11 TDs and 4 ints. And while we tried to continue to work a spread offense most of the league had learned how to defense, Tyler Higbee was hardly a blip on anyone's screen. During the last 5 games he caught 43 balls for 522 yds for a 12.1 yd. per catch. And most of the success is going to a dedicated 12 lineup. Much like McVay ran @ Washington. But after the beatdown from Baltimore, I think something had to change and a new emphasis on ball control short passing game, which Goff played well within the system. His only negatives was when he tried to revert to the spread concepts and push the ball down the field.
No, I'm not trying to state he's a top 10 QB yet. But if he embraces the changes we put forth down the stretch, I can see an offense which can control the clock allowing more rest for the defense and wearing teams down as games progress. Now, the next jump has to be the offensive line. But that's a different discussion (or a simple cussin'....) for another time. I think once he reflects on the season, Goff will try to embrace, going forward, what we were accomplishing down the stretch.
Just my thoughts......
Great post. Sanity

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Can we please go one offseason without talking about our QB? These rankings are garbage. Jared Goff is our QB for the foreseeable future. There are a ton of other positions that need upgrades and are more worthy of discussion.
[
I don't know if we should eliminate any topic that has to do with the rams or we might have topic that are like who makes the best dognuts, best taco or is soccer the next big sport opps we already had those. after all if you don't like a topic don't click it that's easy enough./QUOTE]

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1580334839440.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hey, do they still have Naugles down there...Loved that stuff when I lived in SoCal...
Yeah Naugles was great. They got bought out by Del-Taco if I remember correctly. In fact Del-Taco's menu was overworked around the same time which probably wasn't a coincidence.

Mexican food back then was kinda bad though lol. Remember Pup 'N Taco? Their beans were disgusting but I still ate there because they were so cheap.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I rank Goff #1.

Why? Because he's the rams qb and will be for a very long time. And i like him and think he will turn out to be a great qb.

That's all that matters. To me.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Del Taco not only makes Carnitas, but they make it better than many mexican restaurants I've been to. The same can be said for their beans.
Now, I have no idea why anyone would even think about going to Taco Bell, if there is a Del Taco near by.
For fast food, its done pretty well.

Dude, my work brings me to Southern California at least two weekends a year. It's damn near all I eat when I am out there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was the most annoying website, trying to scroll thru on my phone and got crushed with pop ups, page reloads and shifting screen causing me to click on to other link.
I had to give up after only getting thru 5 or 6 qb

oldnotdead

Legend
Who cares what these bogus half-assed ratings are? It's obvious from the rankings they reflect the author's personal bias not any real football acumen.

Tano

Legend
Dude, my work brings me to Southern California at least two weekends a year. It's damn near all I eat when I am out there.
I remember Del Taco from the 80s and the only time I ever went there was 2 AM in the morning when I was Drunk off my ass and extremely hungry. "It's Del Taco TIme Everybody." When you are that drunk, you say some stupid shit.

Note - It was the only place open other than Dennys at 2 AM.

I don't remember it being very good though when I wasn't drunk.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Your love for a average QB like Cousins is so odd.

I don't love him.

Explain how he is average.

And he totally outplayed your QB.

Also explain why you have a bobblehead as your avatar please.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Taco Bell is pretty friggin awesome if you only eat there two or three times a year.

I'd put Goff at or near the bottom of the top 10.

Durable, has the full arsenal of throws, doesn't get rattled in games, can read a defense

Inconsistent <------