Starting QB rankings- Goff #20

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That list makes me laugh. Some funny shit there. :ROFLMAO:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Carr, Newton, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Rivers, Wentz, and Cousins should NOT be ahead of Goff. The media loves to hate this kid for some reason. I guess two pro bowls two playoff appearances, and a SB doesn't mean shit. lol.

Do yourself a favor and don't click, these sites need to die.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Honest question OP:
Is the title facetious? #20 is low. Some might think he deserved it this year. Goff was labeled his rookie year, and most media types are anxious to forget his two year success and toss him back in the “bust” box.

I put Goff still ahead of Prescott, Cousins, Newton, Carr, Grab-a- pole, Stafford, Josh Allen, Wince, Tannehill, the aging Rothlisberger, Ryan and the 2019 Rivers. No legacy ratings allowed. Let’s see... that makes him top 8. Sounds right to me.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not sure why you would share a link considering that you're giving this clown ad revenue.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Honest question OP:
Is the title facetious? #20 is low. Some might think he deserved it this year. Goff was labeled his rookie year, and most media types are anxious to forget his two year success and toss him back in the “bust” box.

I put Goff still ahead of Prescott, Cousins, Newton, Carr, Grab-a- pole, Stafford, Josh Allen, Wince, Tannehill, the aging Rothlisberger, Ryan and the 2019 Rivers. No legacy ratings allowed. Let’s see... that makes him top 8. Sounds right to me.

your list is quite close to mine. I stopped clicking when i got to Wentz haha. I still think Big Ben has it. He's fragile but the dude has a cannon for an arm. Stafford, I dunno the guy is a great passer and has a rocket for an arm too, but he doesn't strike me as a good leader and that goes a long way for a QB. And lastly Prescott is a good QB, I don't think he has the accuracy that Goff has but he is far better at freestyle play, he kind of reminds me a young Big Ben without a deepball. haha.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honest question OP:

I was being facetious. I was a Wentz guy but have learned to appreciate Goff. That said I don't think he's much higher than where they have him rated and for a #1 overall to me he should always be in top 10. We will see if we can protect him better going forward as this season showed without a perfect pocket and running game based on OL performance he is not as productive.

Tano

Legend
Goff should still easily be in the top 10 even with the year he had.

He was still better statistically than 10 of the passers rated ahead of him and some of them are probably rated ahead of him only because of past seasons (Big Ben, Staf, Cam, Rivers, Ryan).

But Josh Allen Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr rated ahead of him - really????

What a joke.

And I think Goff is better than Wentz because Wentz always gets hurt.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Goff should still easily be in the top 10 even with the year he had.

He was still better statistically than 10 of the passers rated ahead of him and some of them are probably rated ahead of him only because of past seasons (Big Ben, Staf, Cam, Rivers, Ryan).

But Josh Allen Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr rated ahead of him - really????

What a joke.

And I think Goff is better than Wentz because Wentz always gets hurt.

I personally dont think someone getting hurt makes then a worse player...maybe less production for the team, but both players healthy?...nah.

Also, I dont see Goff as a top 10 passer at all. Top 20? Sure...on some games this year....last year...be was top 10. But what he did last year meant dick this year.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I was being facetious. I was a Wentz guy but have learned to appreciate Goff. That said I don't think he's much higher than where they have him rated and for a #1 overall to me he should always be in top 10. We will see if we can protect him better going forward as this season showed without a perfect pocket and running game based on OL performance he is not as productive.
Let’s hope so. That being said, this list was total crap. As some of us noted, putting him below guys like Carr, Allen, Tannehill, Cam, is crap. Worst case, even with the year he had, Goff is top half.

Tano

Legend
I personally dont think someone getting hurt makes then a worse player...maybe less production for the team, but both players healthy?...nah.

Also, I dont see Goff as a top 10 passer at all. Top 20? Sure...on some games this year....last year...be was top 10. But what he did last year meant dick this year.
I disagree. If you aren't playing, you aren't helping the team.

Goff helped the Rams more than Wentz helped the Eagles.

The Eagles were just lucky that their division was horrible to get in the playoffs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Del Taco not only makes Carnitas, but they make it better than many mexican restaurants I've been to. The same can be said for their beans.
Now, I have no idea why anyone would even think about going to Taco Bell, if there is a Del Taco near by.
For fast food, its done pretty well.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I disagree. If you aren't playing, you aren't helping the team.

Goff helped the Rams more than Wentz helped the Eagles.

The Eagles were just lucky that their division was horrible to get in the playoffs.

Again, I agree that Goff has been more productive. But if the two were both perfectly healthy for a season? No way Goff wins that one imo. Wentz has had a terrible string of bad luck that in no way diminishes his ability to play while healthy.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Del Taco not only makes Carnitas, but they make it better than many mexican restaurants I've been to. The same can be said for their beans.
Now, I have no idea why anyone would even think about going to Taco Bell, if there is a Del Taco near by.
For fast food, its done pretty well.
Now, I've never had Del Taco. We dont have that here in Missouri...but I've heard people argue that Taco John's is amazing. We just settle for Taco Bell here lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Now, I've never had Del Taco. We dont have that here in Missouri...but I've heard people argue that Taco John's is amazing. We just settle for Taco Bell here lol
Lol.
Yeah. Del Taco is a so cal thing I believe.
We also have Bakers, which is also better than Taco bell

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Homer much fellas?

Cousins, Stafford and Garappalo all had better years than Goff this year.

Cousins is excellent.

Goff is too.

But if we are looking at this past season it was a down year and other guys had better production. So the "rankings" are subjective.

I'd take Cousins over Goff though if Minny offered a straight up trade of the two.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Homer much fellas?

Cousins, Stafford and Garappalo all had better years than Goff this year.

Cousins is excellent.

Goff is too.

But if we are looking at this past season it was a down year and other guys had better production. So the "rankings" are subjective.

I'd take Cousins over Goff though if Minny offered a straight up trade of the two.

I wouldn't. I like Cousins too but age (31 v 25) has to factor into any straight swap.