Stan Kronke & ownership

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have to think there are some owners who would not be willing to support this much bonus liquidation and cap dynamics. Stan has to free that cash to do all this juggling after all.

All while building a State of The Art Stadium & ampla theatre

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just the Stafford deal & the trust in The Rams brass. Thankful for Stan Kronke.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just glad Stan Kronke is The Rams owner.

Coleman Shelton has been with The Rams for like 3years(going into) and
Deserves is own intro— cool way of doing it. LA writes help—

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Just glad Stan Kronke is The Rams owner.

Coleman Shelton has been with The Rams for like 3years(going into) and
Deserves is own intro— cool way of doing it. LA writes help—

Glad we resigned somebody. Especially if Shelton might turn out to be the Rams' top secret, eyes only, mystery candidate to play center.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Glad we resigned somebody. Especially if Shelton might turn out to be the Rams' top secret, eyes only, mystery candidate to play center.
The way The Rams Organization is in tune with there players. The respect.

—Who knows how he’ll do. Nice - timing of announcement.Who knows,maybe he is the starting C.
He has earned that right. Demoff is in tune as well. McSnead right there.

Feels nice for a player to be appreciated.They don’t need to announce anymore than they know.
Going into 2021 this organization is getting ready. Mcvay does his research & knows what he wants.Detroit stole a good one. This organization is built the right way.

SOFI has not even opened yet!!

oldnotdead

Legend
Stan hired good people, i.e. Snead and McVay and then stepped aside and let them do their thing. That is the essence of a good owner. Stan is also willing to spend money to build a true SB contender. Contrast that with the Chargers who don't even pay their bills and Dallas where in the past few years Jerry has done more to hold his team back than develop it.

Yeah, I've always like Snead, old school in some ways, but not afraid to roll the dice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stan really got the shaft in 2020 with the COVID shit. Glad to see him have a chance to get his grand opening now. And tbh it might have worked out in his favor because this year's team should be better than last year's.

He's probably one of the most underrated owners due to all the STL stuff. But if you look at what he has accomplished during his short tenure as owner he is without a doubt an elite owner in this league.

The Rams winning the Super Bowl at home in LA. That's what's coming this year IMO. It's going to be incredible.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I use to be a big Stltoday follower for years as well.Then coming over to ROD out of respect to Ram Fans alike things were not discussed.
I did think it was cool to have inner action with some of the writers.You got a true feeling of the writers. I guess twitter is sort of like that.Personally I stay to ROD & stay within my own craziness.

—Just glad Fisher got called out by ED29 & LA Rams Fans.Mcvay would have won in St. Louis as well,but being in LA The Rams Franchise is spoiled living The Hollywood Life.

All The Veteran Players that have come through the Rams Doors has been Awesome!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I get why Kroenke is a polarizing figure for Rams fans, just as Georgia was. Does that mean we're not allowed to give the man praise for what he's done for this team since the hire of Jeff Fisher in 2012? We've been trending upward ever since Kroenke blocked Khan from the sale.

I'm ecstatic he's the owner of my favorite NFL franchise.

Stan Kroenke played some role in the fortunes of the 1999 Rams. I recall a locker room scene where Vermeil gave him a game ball.

But prior to that, the Rams in the 70's were a powerhouse when Carroll Rosenbloom was the owner. But he died in a swimming accident and Georgia, Rosenbloom's wife wasn't the best owner. It's a miracle that things fell into place and we won super bowl 34.

But Stan is a good owner and I suspect most fans don't care about the owner, as long as the team is winning. I just hope Kroenke has a succession plan. I really don't want to see the SOSAR Rams again anytime soon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But prior to that, the Rams in the 70's were a powerhouse when Carroll Rosenbloom was the owner. But he died in a swimming accident and Georgia, Rosenbloom's wife wasn't the best owner. It's a miracle that things fell into place and we won super bowl 34.
It was tough with Georgia as owner because Carroll Rosenbloom was more like Jerry Jones, he was involved and although Don Klosterman was the General Manager, Rosenbloom was totally involved. Landed his helicopter before practice, quite something back then.

There was a story that during practice during the 1974 season, Rosenbloom saw QB John Hadl throwing a bunch of wobbly passes and Rosenbloom asked Hadl "What's wrong with your arm?" Hadl replied: "It's not my arm, it's my back." Rosenbloom then engineered a huge trade of John Hadl to Green Bay that provided the Rams a bevy of draft picks that included the likes of Dennis Harrah & Nolan Cromwell among many others. Hadl said years later, I was honest, once CR heard back, he felt I couldn't come back from that.

My only knock on Carroll Rosenbloom was trusting his wife to be a Laissez-faire owner as the intent was for Steve Rosenbloom (Carroll's oldest son) to run the Rams and Georgia just to be a figure head because of the inheritance tax. Leaving the estate to your widow did not incumber that tax, so Georgia was supposed to be just owner in name only with Steve Rosenbloom running day to day operations.

John Shaw who was in the finance department got in Georgia's ear and convinced her to take over, thus giving him power too and that's how it played out. It was tough with Georgia as she did some good things like hiring John Robinson, but I will always wonder what would have happened if Steve Rosenbloom had run the Rams, although Steve did get his shot with the New Orleans Saints and that did not turn out well at all.

BTW the only other knock I have on Carroll Rosenbloom was he was a huge fan of Pat Haden, Rosenbloom had a suite for USC games at the Coliseum and watched Haden and liked him and felt that Haden should be the Rams QB over James Harris & Ron Jaworski. I always felt the Rams should have given Jaworski a chance to be the guy, but they never did.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was tough with Georgia as owner because Carroll Rosenbloom was more like Jerry Jones, he was involved and although Don Klosterman was the General Manager, Rosenbloom was totally involved. Landed his helicopter before practice, quite something back then.

There was a story that during practice during the 1974 season, Rosenbloom saw QB John Hadl throwing a bunch of wobbly passes and Rosenbloom asked Hadl "What's wrong with your arm?" Hadl replied: "It's not my arm, it's my back." Rosenbloom then engineered a huge trade of John Hadl to Green Bay that provided the Rams a bevy of draft picks that included the likes of Dennis Harrah & Nolan Cromwell among many others. Hadl said years later, I was honest, once CR heard back, he felt I couldn't come back from that.

My only knock on Carroll Rosenbloom was trusting his wife to be a Laissez-faire owner as the intent was for Steve Rosenbloom (Carroll's oldest son) to run the Rams and Georgia just to be a figure head because of the inheritance tax. Leaving the estate to your widow did not incumber that tax, so Georgia was supposed to be just owner in name only with Steve Rosenbloom running day to day operations.

John Shaw who was in the finance department got in Georgia's ear and convinced her to take over, thus giving him power too and that's how it played out. It was tough with Georgia as she did some good things like hiring John Robinson, but I will always wonder what would have happened if Steve Rosenbloom had run the Rams, although Steve did get his shot with the New Orleans Saints and that did not turn out well at all.

BTW the only other knock I have on Carroll Rosenbloom was he was a huge fan of Pat Haden, Rosenbloom had a suite for USC games at the Coliseum and watched Haden and liked him and felt that Haden should be the Rams QB over James Harris & Ron Jaworski. I always felt the Rams should have given Jaworski a chance to be the guy, but they never did.

Nice - just remember how he liked Hacksaw. The QB trades I never understood either.

Didn’t Jaws get beat by the Raiders playing for DV ? Maybe the SC connection is why John Rob was hired as HC?
TBay had Ricky Bell & McKay. James Harris was one of my favorites. I remember The Suns back in the day. ADavies was there star.

As The World Turns. Rams Franchise is in such an amazing place with Stan

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone see that Wal-Mart ownership took a big hit? Billions.

I know Stan is independently a billionaire, I wonder how much of his money is in Walmart shares and if a serious decline to his wife's fortune could affect the ol pocketbook, especially considering how much of his money has been signing checks to buy Englewood, build Sofi and put a championship winning team in it...

Probably nothing but worth following.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

I know Stan is independently a billionaire, I wonder how much of his money is in Walmart shares and if a serious decline to his wife's fortune could affect the ol pocketbook, especially considering how much of his money has been signing checks to buy Englewood, build Sofi and put a championship winning team in it...

I'm sure they weren't happy about losing money during the pandemic, but in terms of the stadium.... the fact that Kroenke owns the entire development...he's got a lot of revenue coming his way once the entire development is completed... the expenses for getting up and running in Inlgewood eventually pay for itself with the revenue from the overall development.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

It’s nothing when it comes to the football team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Like I just posted. If your talking sports then the Kronke’s(Waltons) keep aren’t doing to poorly.
I’d give a Jimmy the Greek response as well,but will leave it to imagination.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think we should be okay here. Nearly everyone has had this debate and we can all be respectful i hope. That said...over under on days this lasts? Lol just playing.

Stan is a good owner. As much as I hate to admit it. He has built a terrific stadium. As I said before, he gets the right people to do their job and he stays out of it with an open pocket book. We all know what happened in STL. That makes me dislike him...heavily. But, I can not deny that he is terrific as an owner, doing what it takes to build our brand and win some games.
Fair enough. Same reason I hate that women. the big diference of course is she sucked as an owner

Status
Not open for further replies.