Staley drawing lots of interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
I've heard some people say he is a another year away from being a head a coach... lets hope so.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
The league is so offensive oriented that is it mostly OCs that get hired.

I have a feeling the Rams would have to ride the defense to a Super Bowl victory or at least an appearance for Staley to be hired away.

Let's see this defense shut down an elite offense or two in the playoffs.

That s not to say he isn't a really good coordinator.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Staley's all but gone. I just hope we win the Super Bowl with him.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
If I am Staley I want the Chargers gig and heres why. Great young QB my opinion the best in this class by far. Phenomenal defense, great #1 wr a couple more pieces and they give KC a run for their $. The long term divisional issue is KC and Mahommes and he ain't leaving. But still best open HC job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I am Staley I want the Chargers gig and heres why. Great young QB my opinion the best in this class by far. Phenomenal defense, great #1 wr a couple more pieces and they give KC a run for their $. The long term divisional issue is KC and Mahommes and he ain't leaving. But still best open HC job.

The Chargers gig is definitely better than the other gigs (outside of Jacksonville). He'd do well there. Although, I selfishly hope we can hold onto him for another year.

nighttrain

Legend
i agree with everything you say, but with Spanos he will need an airtight contract specifying what he wants and to keep the Spanos family out of the business of running a NFL franchise
train

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
LB coach, DC and HC all in 3 years time? Even if he is hired somewhere he'll probably be fired just as quickly. If I were mcvay i wouldnt give other teams the green light to interview while in the playoffs. Fuck being nice

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I'll getting really tired of people poaching our coaches, leave us alone!!!!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
“Phenomenal” defense ranked #23. Burrow on par with Herbert.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could totally see Spanos nabbing him just to put it to Kroenke and to improve his chances in "the battle for la" jmo of course.
Spanos will hire him because spanos is cheap. Didnt have to fly him in for the interview and no relocation fee Would be needed

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Staley is young. Look how long Saleh had to wait. Saleh is closing in on the Jets job supposedly after a few good years in San Francisco.

Staley has been great and has the entire defense playing well. However some GMs may say- He has AD and Jalen. Plus the DLine is loaded ( I give a ton of credit to Henderson). He has a loaded secondary too. It’s not like he made chicken soup out of chicken shit.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Tough to say how much impact on game has on interest at playoff game. Certainly not all his fault. It is not like Rodgers went crazy.

Bears some responsibility though.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Tough to say how much impact on game has on interest at playoff game. Certainly not all his fault. It is not like Rodgers went crazy.

Bears some responsibility though.
I agree. I also agree with another poster in saying that I think our defense was overrated to a certain extent, the unit definitely had shit games this season. But this being the last impression prospective teams have to look at might hurt his stock a bit. I'd be surprised if he didn't return to us next season.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
This D played better under Staley than it did under Phillip's, and considering this is Staleys first shot at D coordinator that says alot.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
It has been shown when talented D players from out D leave for other teams they are not as successful as they were on the Rams.... I think our D coaches will have the same results if they pursue the same path ......Common denominator?? no 99!!