Stafford wants more guaranteed money; says has more in the tank

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You have to think Stafford likes what the team is doing to not only keep him upright but on the defensive side as well along with giving him a strong running game.

If this is a real issue for him, the team will work something out without the drama we see with other franchises.

I'm just reading the tea leaves. Think about it though. Kelly hasn't even mentioned it and she can't seem to control her lose lips at times like these.

Turducken

Starter
Translation: Stafford’s agent got bored and decided to see who he thinks can leverage a new contract
He's got 3 more years on his recent deal. It was team friendly, but it wasn't like AD's deal (where he had outplayed it over 5 years and was comfortable walking away).

Matt wants a gold jacket and his best route is playing out his contract in LA. This makes sense for everyone, the question is how much to guarantee and they will figure it out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think I make it through 5 or 6 words before just deciding I dont even want to try to decipher this post.
The funny thing is that he will throw out some pretty good stuff fairly often. But trying to cypher through all the dizzying rantings to get to the good stuff is really difficult.

jap

Legend
We'll see when they announce the restructure.

There is no way seeing cousins making $50m per year while he's making $40m per year sits well with him.

I have no problem with Matthew getting more money if it comes to that. He is much more valuable than most NFL QBs to these eyes.

I am looking forward to some eye popping play over the next few seasons. Let's close out this career with a Big Bang, Matthew, with some Serious Soul Stealing.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
star trek wtf GIF

C'mon man ... it's obvious that the purple-headed alien played piano on Tuesday because tacos are delicious and newspaper clippings.

Is it really that hard? Sheesh ...

dang

Legend
You seriously throwing a "No Shit Sherlock" insult at me?
Seems more than a few on ROD have been a bit uppity and arrogant lately.

I thought QB attending first day of OTAs despite contract concerns was good news when I saw it in my feed this morning. I didn't see the news anywhere else on the board, so posted it. I certainly didn't know the news was obvious and well known. Like you, I expected it.

Fuck it. I'll post less.
i was throwing it at the poster of the article. Cameron DaSilva. Sorry if that wasn’t obvious.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i was throwing it at the poster of the article. Cameron DaSilva. Sorry if that wasn’t obvious.
That's how I took it. Just got misunderstood. Keep posting.. you are good at it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has to have a retirement clause in it. No more contracts like Donald's where we are paying him not to play.
There isnt really such a thing as a retirement clause. A team has every right to recoup signing bonus when a player retires. In Donald's case the Rams chose to re-work his deal in a way that the door would be open for him to "un-retire"

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
C'mon man ... it's obvious that the purple-headed alien played piano on Tuesday because tacos are delicious and newspaper clippings.

Is it really that hard? Sheesh ...
If it only made that much sense sometimes.