Stafford restructured his contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Juicing up the guaranteed money for this and next year says to me that there is quite possibly an extension coming next year
I could see an extension, with a solid run game and what should be pretty solid pass blocking.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More money in 2024, in exchange for fewer guarantees in 2025....?

Really hope MS wants to keep it going next year as well, he's nowhere close to done.

Clearly setting up for an extension to hit next season and beyond, leaving less dead money to account for

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
you'd have to think that someone with his skills, playing at or near his peak performance for the last couple of years before retirement, could salt away an extra $100M in a couple of years with a decent extension. That could really pad the ole retirement plans!! :eyeroll:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you'd have to think that someone with his skills, playing at or near his peak performance for the last couple of years before retirement, could salt away an extra $100M in a couple of years with a decent extension. That could really pad the ole retirement plans!! :eyeroll:
Welp, what are the options? You can try and win the lottery in the draft (not likely) or acquire a great veteran that costs 50 million a year.
I'd rather pay our Super Bowl winning QB that money and not think twice about it.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sounds to me like he'll need a new contract in 2025. Right now MS is tied for 14th highest paid QB, along with Daniel Jones. He makes less than Cousins, Goff, Murray, and many others.

I think MS signed a very team-friendly deal last time around.

MS deserves a raise if he plays well this year, I just hope he doesn't try to break the bank. He'll probably get over 50M per year next year, I just hope he doesn't hold out for close to 60.