Stafford had minor surgery on his throwing thumb

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wondered the same, but if he is going to be 100% by team activities, it's kinda moot. Maybe it would have affected his physical, and therfore the trade?
Or it could be that other treatment was considered a better option without surgery, but his thumb wasn't responding to treatement as they hoped?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He just uploaded a post operation photo to Instagram. Looks all good;

2E99860A-98D9-424F-88BB-A384380BFE64.jpeg

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said earlier, I'm watching all the Detroit games when I can get a chance. It looked to me that he was having problems after the week ten game with Washington. The next week against Carolina, he had a bandage around it, but he still started. You could tell he was favoring it, specifically when he went to the ground. Carolina D sacked him five times, maybe more. He could still wing it though. I'll watch week twelve later.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, I get that they do these types of surgeries in the off season, but knowing the injury was there last season why not do it in February??
Maybe has to get the swelling down? or maybe wanted to do it after trade was finalized.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, I get that they do these types of surgeries in the off season, but knowing the injury was there last season why not do it in February??
"Cause he was headed to Cabo in February.
Gotta put that sh$% off until after he gets back from vaca, Amirite??

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams just announced that they were unaware that Stafford needed surgery and are pissed.
So Snead told Detroit they'd send another 1st round pick their way to make up for it