Spam

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

is there supposed to be a column on the right that has the title - related searches ?

this covers every page when i come to this site. it's trying to pawn off tickets for a few teams, not the rams.

i've run my anti virus program and my malwarebytes program and cleaned out all the adware viruses but that column is still there. plus every second paragraph has a word underlined which brings up an ad when the mouse scrolls over it.

is it supposed to be like this or should i try some more to get rid of these adwares?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, that's adware. Check your extensions on your internet browser. It's most likely enabled there. What internet browser do you use? If you use google chrome, go to the drop-down menu at the top right(under the X) and then to tools then to extensions...you should be able to remove it from your extensions.

I've had the same issue before.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nevermind, now it comes on whatever site i visit and has links related to whtever te subject is onthat site.

i just ran these stupid anti virus/malware programs. rubbish things they are.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
Yea, that's adware. Check your extensions on your internet browser. It's most likely enabled there. What internet browser do you use? If you use google chrome, go to the drop-down menu at the top right(under the X) and then to tools then to extensions...you should be able to remove it from your extensions.

I've had the same issue before.

thanks for the tip jerry. i'll give it a go.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Go to cnet and download ad aware. It's an antivirus and spyware killer all in one. It's free for the first three months and it's actually very powerful for a free to try program. It saved two of my friends computers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

finally worked out what happened. after trying to disable the add-ons like jerry suggested i found a couple that wouldn't let me disable them so i went into the programs list to uninstall said programs. i found about 10 programs installed a couple of days ago.

one of them was microsoft points generator. obviously my son downloaded it without asking me, and without thinking about the consequences. so he did that and all these adware programs came in with it. i wanted to strangle him. he knows now never to do that again.

i couldn't uninstall one of them, the vaf player, which coincidentally uses another language when trying to uninstall. i hate spam companies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:

nevermind, now it comes on whatever site i visit and has links related to whtever te subject is onthat site.

Man, don't fuckin scare me like that.
You made me think I had some malware on this site or something. :cmon:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
kurtfaulk said:

sorry man, my computer knowledge is very basic. i thought my malware program would've gotten rid of all those adware programs. had to do it myself.

now i'll have to restore my computer to the 24th to remove this crappy vaf player, whatever the hell it is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:
X said:
kurtfaulk said:

sorry man, my computer knowledge is very basic. i thought my malware program would've gotten rid of all those adware programs. had to do it myself.

now i'll have to restore my computer to the 24th to remove this crappy vaf player, whatever the hell it is.

That sucks, man. From just a cursory read, it sounds like that thing is difficult to get rid of. You have to get it out of your computer registry as well, or it'll just reinstall itself somehow. If you weren't able to uninstall it with the windows uninstaller, you might want to try downloading SpyBot or malwarebytes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

malwarebytes has scanned the computer twice with no result. i even did the full scan and it didn't pick it up. i don't think it is a malware program, my computer runs perfect now. i just don't want it on my computer.

i'll get there eventually.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
One program i qould recommend is nod32 by eset its not free but is decently priced and is the best anti virus ive found

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

thanks for the suggestions guys but i just restored the computer to the 23rd and it got rid of the program.

of course it brought back a few other programs i had already deleted so i had to delete them again.

such is life.

at least the computer is back to tip top condition again.

bluecoconuts

Legend
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
HitStick said:
Spam Musubi? Yes please.
Oh man that's some good stuff.

I tried eating some spam a few months ago. My childhood experience misled me.
It's all how you prepare it, man.

Probably right. I simply took it out of the tin and bit into it like a jelly doughnut.

Like a lemon jelly?

Also, if you have Chrome or Firefox, I suggest Adblock Plus (free) it's great for blocking a lot of adds you get in various places (those youtube commercials for example), helps keep things clean.