Soooooo....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can someone demonstrate how he doesn't "throw them open?" Because the alternative to that is hitting receivers after they've stopped running.
Throwing someone open means Throwing to a tightly covered receiver in a spot where only he could make the catch. Bradford was very reluctant to throw a pass that wasn't reasonably open

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The key is RT still tbh. It affects that first round pick, as the Rams can go BPA at 10 at if all they need to do is fix the interior of the OL.

BPA could well be WR Cooper, but either way flexibility is key... Even if Scherff, for example, is their guy at 10 he is better served at OG.

So my guess is that right now they are pushing hard behind the scenes on Barks.
You're right. If they can sure up the final three spots via free agency id be thrilled.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Throwing someone open means Throwing to a tightly covered receiver in a spot where only he could make the catch. Bradford was very reluctant to throw a pass that wasn't reasonably open
It also means throwing to a spot where the receiver will end up before he makes (or during) his break.
Going by your definition, I have to disagree. Bradford was lethal with back-shoulder fades, and often threw highly contested balls to receivers who were capable of retrieving them. Danario Alexander, Amendola, Clayton, Lloyd, Quick in 2013. I can understand the criticism when his receivers were Givens, Pettis, Gibson, Robinson, Salas, a rookie Quick, and so on. But it's of little relevance now. He's gone and opinions are what they are. No way they'll change after the fact.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It also means throwing to a spot where the receiver will end up before he makes (or during) his break.
Going by your definition, I have to disagree. Bradford was lethal with back-shoulder fades, and often threw highly contested balls to receivers who were capable of retrieving them. Danario Alexander, Amendola, Clayton, Lloyd, Quick in 2013. I can understand the criticism when his receivers were Givens, Pettis, Gibson, Robinson, Salas, a rookie Quick, and so on. But it's of little relevance now. He's gone and opinions are what they are. No way they'll change after the fact.
What you described to me sounds like a qb just hitting a runner in stride to me which is a pretty standard throw. And my biggest harp on Bradford has always been that he would rather check down than throw a 60-40 ball. But as you said, foles is our guy now so let just hope he's got what it takes