Some TJ Moe combine numbers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How? who are they going to cut. He cant play outside. Tavon austin and Jared Cook are holding down the slot . So is he going to take Pettis spot? Because thats what it will come down to in camp, Britt and Pettis. Moe will have a chance at practice squad. But to make roster i dont see it.
Tavon can play outside. Moe takes Bailey's spot the first 4 games. If he makes his mark either Pettis, Britt, or Quick is gone.

Slappy967

Starter
I think Moe makes the 53 out of camp and has a shot to solidify his roster spot by playing well in Baileys absence. Not a Mizzou guy but thought he was good on the Tigers and liked his performance at the combine too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tavon played better on the outside. He struggled a bit with the traffic in the slot. When he did get the ball over the short middle there were too many bodies around to allow him to really turn it on. I prefer his speed on the outside to create separation and some room to run after the catch.

That would mean that if Moe plays well he could share the slot with Cook.

Plus I am dying for a productive WR to step up and supplant Quick, or Pettis.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hope the knee is fine.

I believe it was a torn achilles tendon not a knee problem unless I missed reading about another injury he had. Tore my achilles tendon while playing soccer. Came back too soon and tore it again. All the best to the young man.

scifiman

40 Time- 4.74 (terrible)
3 Cone- 6.53 (elite)
20 yard shuttle- 3.96 (excellent)
Vertical- 36" (good)
Hand size- 9-7/8"

Outside his 40 time there are a lot of great numbers here. He profiles as a slot receiver. Hopefully he can take over the Danny Amendola role.
I dont put too much stock on the 40 times unless they were way slower than that say in the 5's. If you superimposed them over 4.4 it would be half a stride. The other tests are a good indicator of a good athlete. But then there is the other things that only get game tested and that is in game instincts and reactions and retention.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He doesnt seem like a outside reciver. to slow

Brandon Gibson's Pro Day
6003, 206
4.59/40
2.65/20
1.63/10
4.54/20 yards shuttle
6.94/3 Cone
34" vertical

T.J. Moe's Pro Day
5114, 206
4.60/40

T.J. Moe, WR (5-11 5/8, 206) — Moe ran an official 4.74 40 time at the combine, but did the 40 at his pro day in 4.60 and 4.62 seconds. He stood on the rest of his numbers from the combine. Moe has very good hands and reminds you a lot of Wes Welker.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/18/richardson-earns-points-with-scouts-for-working-out/

lockdnram21

Legend
Tavon can play outside. Moe takes Bailey's spot the first 4 games. If he makes his mark either Pettis, Britt, or Quick is gone.

No way they give up Quick this year. No way Moe will beat Pettis or Britt. He's just a camp body. Even if he takes Bailey spot for 4 games he want see the field. He probably want even dress. Franklin or Sherman have a better chance making the team imo. There's a a reason Moe isn't still on patriots

FRO

Legend
No way they give up Quick this year. No way Moe will beat Pettis or Britt. He's just a camp body. Even if he takes Bailey spot for 4 games he want see the field. He probably want even dress. Franklin or Sherman have a better chance making the team imo. There's a a reason Moe isn't still on patriots
Yeah because he tore his Achilles. I doubt they give up on Quick either, but if Moe can give you what Amendola gave you, I would rather he be on the field than Quick. Who knows what Moe can do. He could suck, but with his college production at 2 major conferences and his quickness evidenced by his combine times, I think he has a chance.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Barring an injury, I like his chances of making the initial 53 man roster. Especially with the Bailey suspension.

Do you like him over Justin Veltung? Seems the Rams like Veltung for his ability to return punts and if Veltung can showcase some ability catching the football as well seems he'll be the biggest challenge to Moe with the Bailey suspension.

lockdnram21

Legend
Yeah because he tore his Achilles. I doubt they give up on Quick either, but if Moe can give you what Amendola gave you, I would rather he be on the field than Quick. Who knows what Moe can do. He could suck, but with his college production at 2 major conferences and his quickness evidenced by his combine times, I think he has a chance.

well we just have agree to disagree because i think he has no shot.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Moe turns out to be a major player for the Rams this year then they should have drafted Watkins and traded back up for Evans.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Do you like him over Justin Veltung? Seems the Rams like Veltung for his ability to return punts and if Veltung can showcase some ability catching the football as well seems he'll be the biggest challenge to Moe with the Bailey suspension.

Moe has returned some punts at Missouri, too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Moe has returned some punts at Missouri, too.
Should be a good battle then because although Veltung seems like a very good return guy and even did kick off returns as well at Idaho, he seemed very timid going over the middle and was not durable at all in college, however, he's much faster than Moe and IMO would offer more big play ability, but you can't make the club when you're always in the tub so let's hope both of them are healthy and all of us will get to see how it plays out.

FRO

Legend
He definitely has that quickness and toughness that made Amendola so good for us.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He's also a former high school QB. They could potentially mix in some wildcat with him, if Schotty wanted to get creative.