Some Balzer (discussion)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
zn said:
Jim Thomas in his chats seemed to imply he has knowledge of Kroenke hiring a team president, but obviously he couldn't reveal more. Is this something that you're aware of? Thanks.

BALZER: Have heard rumblings, but nothing definitive. I've also heard it might be a non-football person, which would make little sense.
If you reach out and touch your computer screen, you might be able to feel my skin crawling.

The mere insinuation that John Shaw might be returning as President has my teeth clenched hard enough to damage my temporary filling.

Maybe it's time for a new petition, X. One outlining Shaw's role in the Rams having just 4 winning seasons since 1990.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
RealRamsFan said:
I do not ignore the injuries.....I just don't use it as an excuse for 3 years of same issues.

Its not an excuse. Its a FACTOR. We still do not have the depth to overcome these injuries. The consistent, playoff contending Steelers went 7-9 a few years ago when they lost Polamalu. The Texans are a team that has lost plenty of high profile players this year, are starting a 3rd string QB, and they will make the playoffs. The Bears lose Cutler and then Forte. That destroyed their season, they havent won since Cutler went down.

Last year, our OL was healthy, our starting QB was healthy, and those are HUGE reasons why we went 7-9. You can draw a lot of comparisons to our 09 season and this season. Thats not good. The team hasnt progressed as much as we thought it could. People can say that after 3 years the team should be further along. Why? Is there a consistent pattern in the history of the NFL that can back that up? I have no idea. You just cant compare our recent history to any other team, because nobody has gone through what we have. IMO, the closest comparison could be an expansion team, and the last 2 expansion teams have been the Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns. Browns have made the playoffs 2 times, Texans will be making their 1st appearance this season.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ram Quixote said:
zn said:
Jim Thomas in his chats seemed to imply he has knowledge of Kroenke hiring a team president, but obviously he couldn't reveal more. Is this something that you're aware of? Thanks.

BALZER: Have heard rumblings, but nothing definitive. I've also heard it might be a non-football person, which would make little sense.
If you reach out and touch your computer screen, you might be able to feel my skin crawling.

The mere insinuation that John Shaw might be returning as President has my teeth clenched hard enough to damage my temporary filling.

Maybe it's time for a new petition, X. One outlining Shaw's role in the Rams having just 4 winning seasons since 1990.
I know man, I know

Whatever that viper Shaw has said to Chip (whom by all accounts is a good and decent man) and Kroenke must be unbelievable. If Kroenke wants to nurture a reputation in St. Louis (or even LA if he is actually going to move the team back there, which I doubt), the last thing he needs to do is make Shaw his president. If I were going to hire a non-football guy, I'd hire Demoff, who I think does a fantastic job at what he does.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
brokeu91 said:
Ram Quixote said:
zn said:

I know man, I know

Whatever that viper Shaw has said to Chip (whom by all accounts is a good and decent man) and Kroenke must be unbelievable. If Kroenke wants to nurture a reputation in St. Louis (or even LA if he is actually going to move the team back there, which I doubt), the last thing he needs to do is make Shaw his president. If I were going to hire a non-football guy, I'd hire Demoff, who I think does a fantastic job at what he does.
Chip is a good guy, just way out of his depth. He turned to who he trusts, and who his mom trusted before him. Unfortunately, that wasn't a good judgement call. But you gottta remember that these kids grew up in Beverly Hills, went to private schools, and live amonst the sharks that profilerate the LA business and legal community. With that in consideration, they could have done much worse than Shaw as their family confidant, albeit, I'm certainly not happy with Shaw.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I had this notion a couple days ago, that Stan was using Shaw for disinformation, in which Shaw has no peer. Balzer's comment shook that, but I can only pray that my first hope holds true.