Softli predicts 11-5 for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Length - 3 minutes.

[mp3]http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/9a-seg-2.mp3[/mp3]

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
When you bet on things such as the draft and whether or not one 1st round QB beats another, or the progression of 2nd year players like Pettis or Quick, you're whistling past the grave yard, IMO.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
ramsince62 said:
When you bet on things such as the draft and whether or not one 1st round QB beats another, or the progression of 2nd year players like Pettis or Quick, you're whistling past the grave yard, IMO.

And the bet that we pick up weapons in the draft.

iced

here's not the only one.

just got home from the gym and was listening to the sports talk here (Tampa area, so bucs)... they were going through their games and when they got to the rams, they guy was like "Oh yea we should beat the Rams" and moved on to the next one...

i'm like "What?" - remembering the Rams @ Bucs game that I went to last year where we sacked freeman 6x and got 4 picks..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we are going to be a very competitive team with a chance to win every week.

But, I'm not ready to leap us to 11-5.

We need to see what the draft brings and we need to get out of preseason without injuries... then one game at a time. There are some tough games on that schedule.

A55VA6

Legend
8-8... 9-7 for a realistic goal. (we need to take that leap from 7 win seasons). I'd obviously LOVE an 11-5 season.. but we'll have to see what happens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
here's not the only one.

just got home from the gym and was listening to the sports talk here (Tampa area, so bucs)... they were going through their games and when they got to the rams, they guy was like "Oh yea we should beat the Rams" and moved on to the next one...

i'm like "What?" - remembering the Rams @ Bucs game that I went to last year where we sacked freeman 6x and got 4 picks..
They should, eh? Short memory those dudes have.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Dude said:
iced said:
here's not the only one.

They should, eh? Short memory those dudes have.

No doubt. Ass kicking in THEIR house!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
iced said:
here's not the only one.

Another Floridian I see.

I was at that game too. Fascinating sports-talk radio listening on the ride back to Orlando after the game. Sounded worse than any "bulger trashing" that I've ever heard directed towards freeman. Traffic sucked, but my son and I laughed our asses off the whole time we were stuck on I-4.

I Fucking Hate the bucs, and always will.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
I think we are going to be a very competitive team with a chance to win every week.

We need to see what the draft brings and we need to get out of preseason without injuries... then one game at a time. There are some tough games on that schedule.

we have to play the games for sure, but 11-5 sounds sweet..Been way to long sine anybody picked the Rams to do this..
train

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
At first glance, I was thinking 7-9, 8-8. We have the 4th toughest schedule going into the season, and a LOT of questions at key positions. I reserve the right to change my mind after the draft of course, but that is what I am seeing right now. Sam and the offense are the main concern. The Rams simply HAVE to find a way to score more points.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
ramsince62 said:

Agreed...you could start picking games in October 2-3 games in not in April

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
CGI_Ram said:

I agree with Softli that its best to break the season down into quarters(4 game chunks)....but yeah,i think he's getting ahead of himself a bit with an 11-5 prediction.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

I agree with Softli that its best to break the season down into quarters(4 game chunks)....but yeah,i think he's getting ahead of himself a bit with an 11-5 prediction.
If Fisher believes we're an 11-5 team (and I know there's no indication of that), then we're an 11-5 team. Fisher would have no problem convincing this team that they're capable of 11 wins, and that he *expects* 11 wins out of them. If that's happening (and I would think it is), then we're going to win 11.

Faith.

Keep it.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

If Fisher believes we're an 11-5 team (and I know there's no indication of that), then we're an 11-5 team. Fisher would have no problem convincing this team that they're capable of 11 wins, and that he *expects* 11 wins out of them. If that's happening (and I would think it is), then we're going to win 11.

Faith.

Keep it.
Would that be "blind" faith, dude? :sly:

You might be correct about Fisher saying he "expects" so many wins. but I'm not sure that fits his personality. I would think he'd just take em game at a time, this is still a mighty young team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Faith.

Keep it.

You might be correct about Fisher saying he "expects" so many wins. but I'm not sure that fits his personality. I would think he'd just take em game at a time, this is still a mighty young team.
I think he'll put out another bold proclamation this year and try to make his team adhere to it.

Remember last year? "We're gonna break the NFL sack record."

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Faith.

Keep it.

I think he'll put out another bold proclamation this year and try to make his team adhere to it.

Remember last year? "We're gonna break the NFL sack record."
Point made....then again, a nice sack goal like that wouldn't seem to apply the same pressure as wins. It just seems there are too many variables to make such a call, but again, you could be correct...........now next year. :hehe:

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Faceplant said:
At first glance, I was thinking 7-9, 8-8. We have the 4th toughest schedule going into the season, and a LOT of questions at key positions. I reserve the right to change my mind after the draft of course, but that is what I am seeing right now. Sam and the offense are the main concern. The Rams simply HAVE to find a way to score more points.

Agreed. Scoring more points than your opponent is key to victory. It always seems Rams get a tough ass schedule.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
GreeneCounty said:
Faceplant said:

Agreed. Scoring more points than your opponent is key to victory. It always seems Rams get a tough ass schedule.
Yes indeed, plus it seems the Rams get scheduled to play some teams just when they're getting hot. :bummed: