So who is the A.L. MVP?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Aaron Judge?
Shohei Ohtani?

I'm a Yankee fan so I'm biased. I'm also a prude who believes the MVP should be an everyday player. But Ohtani is that. However, I don't believe even taking into account his pitching he should be the MVP. I recently read an article that said a team's performance shouldn't come into play because you shouldn't be awarded MVP based on how good your team mates might be. Good point. But I've always wondered how much "value" (outside of the box office) a guy on a sub .500 team 30 games out of first place could be. Where would they be without him, 40 games out? I remember when Judge lost to Altuve and though I disagreed, it was a toss up. I see no toss up this year.

In a year where home runs are down, Judge has almost lapped the field. He has 20 more than the #2 guy. He's got 12 more RBI than the #2 run producer and leads MLB in slugging, OB%, OPS. WAR, and Runs scored. He's 2 points away from the AL triple crown and he's stolen 16 bases. Plus nobody runs on the guy in the outfield. Where would the Yankees be without him? Probably where the Red Sox are.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Judge IMO

Great year chasing the triple crown and playing good defense he's productive in every phase.

Ohtani is impressive but isn't putting up the same offensive production as Judge and is pretty good pitching this year but not great. He's a solid runner up for MVP IMO.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Judge hits #60 in the top.of the 9th to make it 8-5 Pirates. His team mates encourage him to make a curtain call and though reluctant, he does it. But the scowl on his face showed the score. Then Rizzo doubles, Torres walks Donaldson bloops a single to center and Stanton, mired in a terrible slump hits a lazer to left for a grand slam. Now they can celebrate #60 and the win.

.316, 60 hrs 128 rbi....

What a season

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And with that home run, Judge also became the AL leader in batting average, thus making him leading in the triple crown

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's dropping in the batting average department. Xander Boagarts leads by a slim margin. It's funny......everytime Xander comes up I'm yelling at the TV..."get him out" and every time Judge comes up it's "hit it out"!!! I don't know if he'll eventually win the Triple Crown but just being in the running this late is an accomplishment. He said it was very important to him to hit .300 and I think he'll end up over that mark. What a year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
61 !!!!!!!

Incredible season! Still 7 games remaining too