So sick of these "bring it back" penalties.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
- But the real spark could (and probably should) have come when WR Chris Givens appeared to have a 98-yard kick return for a touchdown to give the Rams a 14-13 lead heading into the locker room. It was a huge play, a momentum play and the type of play that considering the Rams were to get the ball first coming out of the half that could have spurred a big performance in the final 30 minutes.

- Instead, a flag came out on S Rodney McLeod, who was whistled for holding. The penalty was borderline at best as McLeod seemed to have his hands inside and then let go to disengage before tugging on the jersey. Fisher said he believed it was not a hold and McLeod backed that up but [hil]those are the kind of punches the Rams seem to be taking in recent weeks[/hil]. Certainly a, if not the, game changing play Sunday.

http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2012/11/18/ ... rformance/

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
That was a BS call.

What's up with the damn refs? Every big play we have seems to be nullified by a penalty and most of the time they are not blatant.

F the refs man!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's infuriating to me. At least this one popped up before Givens made it into the endzone, and not 20 seconds after.

And WTF with the "after conferring" bullshit they pulled after the roughing call on Bradford? I swear to god the flags are actually showing up later and later every single game. Including the one that got thrown on the kick return AFTER the commercial break today. Un be god damn lievable. Is there some league mandate out that I'm not aware of? One that says refs HAVE TO throw ticky tack flags on the Rams at least twice a week?

Lesson

Oh, really?
Thing that pissed me off about the penalty being called on the KR was that there was an even more obvious one of a Jets player holding Quinn on the TD prior that went uncalled for.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
Thing that pissed me off about the penalty being called on the KR was that there was an even more obvious one of a Jets player holding Quinn on the TD prior that went uncalled for.
Shit, I'm almost used to that one now. Quinn/Long get held at least 2 times (each) per game and it goes unnoticed.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
shyte, I'm almost used to that one now. Quinn/Long get held at least 2 times (each) per game and it goes unnoticed.

I know man. I'm just saying if that goes uncalled for, then don't call the one on the KR.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
the flag may have been thrown before Givens reached the endzone but it wasnt thrown at the time of the alleged hold. Givens was inside the 30 or over 50 yrds downfield before they threw the flag, if it was a hold why not throw the flag right away instead of waiting to see if Givens was going to take it back before throwing flag.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can't believe that the NFL pays Jerome Bogus to oversee football games. I absolutely hate that fucking wanker and the smug-arse smirk on his ugly face. Did anyone else hear that little twat laugh when he called that penalty on Givens?

:evil:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I keep trying to scream it from the mountain tops that the NFL has it "out" for the Rams because they took a successful franchise out of the country's 2nd largest media market. With the brief exception of the GSOT-Warner time, which was an NFL marketer's dream, payback has been brutal.

Almost all of these calls could have easily been "no-calls" and no one would have said a damn thing. You can bet big money that the Patriot would never get these sort of calls against them, whether home or away.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
And WTF with the "after conferring" bullshit they pulled after the roughing call on Bradford?

I don't know, but what I would like to know is why an intentional grounding offsets a roughing the passer penalty anyway? Plus the fucking announcers, "There was nobody within 20 yards of the ball"

Uh yeah there was, it landed right next to Richardson who was an eligible receiver.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
And WTF with the "after conferring" BS they pulled after the roughing call on Bradford?

I don't know, but what I would like to know is why an intentional grounding offsets a roughing the passer penalty anyway? Plus the freaking announcers, "There was nobody within 20 yards of the ball"

Uh yeah there was, it landed right next to Richardson who was an eligible receiver.

Yeah, I was screaming at the TV at that point. I mean this Rams team is good enough at shooting itself in the foot. They don't need extra help from the refs and announcers.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lesson said:

man i felt sick when they showed the replay of the alleged hold. it was a carbon copy of the quinn hold except less obvious. i was about to put my foot through the computer screen. nfl officials make me sick. they disgust me the way they can massage the flow of a game.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
kurtfaulk said:
Lesson said:

man i felt sick when they showed the replay of the alleged hold. it was a carbon copy of the quinn hold except less obvious. i was about to put my foot through the computer screen. nfl officials make me sick. they disgust me the way they can massage the flow of a game.

That made me furious too. I remember thinking, they're bringing back a TD for that? When were they going to start calling holding on the other team?

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Re: So sick of these "bring it back" penalties.

interference said:
Almost all of these calls could have easily been "no-calls" and no one would have said a damn thing. You can bet big money that the Patriot would never get these sort of calls against them, whether home or away.

Correct.

Selective refereeing is a blight on the game. Almost every play could be penalized ... the ref's have to determine whether it would have made any difference to the end result of the play ... In the holding call that went against the Rams the crime did not fit the penalty ... play should have stood ... and you wonder why the NFL is considered a joke outside America .. too much refereeing and not enough letting the players play football.