So Jake Long was pulled from the game, eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Iron Lion

Starter
Thordaddy said:
Iron Lion said:
X said:
V3 said:
Long, and the rest of the O line was bad yesterday which makes me wonder why they left Sam Bradford in there until the end. Why risk getting him injured when your whole line is playing bad, the game is lost, it's late in the game, and you don't even have starters playing for you anymore? I really didn't get that...amongst other things.
That would have been the final nail. People already thought Fisher gave up, so pulling Bradford would have just solidified all of their suspicions. Not saying I agree or disagree with you about that ... just sayin'. Personally, I don't see any reason to yank Bradford. You're telling everyone else that (a) you give up, and (b), nobody is as important as the QB, but they should all continue to play hard anyway.

But it's true, nobody is as important as the QB... that is why they practice in the red jerseys.
Well then I have a question here ,if you were winning 75-0 would ya still keep dropping Bradford back on 7 step drops and tempting a sub from another team to take a cheap shot?

JMO when the math don't work anymore it's not giving up, it's realism and pulling any and everyone you prefer to limit their chances of injury is OK.

There is not giving up because your spirit is indomitable and then there is ACTING as if your spirit is indomitable by doing injudicious symbolic things to prevent people who judge from judging you.

I can tell you I would rank players in the natural hierarchy and if anyone is coming off the field to prevent injury it's according to what I'm paying them to heal if they get hurt,traditionally the QB is the highest paid guy for a reason and for that same reason he's the first off the field when I know the game is over and we're just passing time to satisfy the clock,IOW when the math is just undeniable.
As an aside if a player is already nursing an injury ,he likely gets some priority to prevent aggravating it.

Like I said symbolism means very little to me ,when ya know the horse is dead it's not giving up to quit beating it,it's realism.

I would pull my QB out long before I'm up 75-0... but I think you meant if I was down 75-0, and then again, I'd pull my QB out long before that point.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
Thordaddy said:
Iron Lion said:
X said:
V3 said:
Long, and the rest of the O line was bad yesterday which makes me wonder why they left Sam Bradford in there until the end. Why risk getting him injured when your whole line is playing bad, the game is lost, it's late in the game, and you don't even have starters playing for you anymore? I really didn't get that...amongst other things.
That would have been the final nail. People already thought Fisher gave up, so pulling Bradford would have just solidified all of their suspicions. Not saying I agree or disagree with you about that ... just sayin'. Personally, I don't see any reason to yank Bradford. You're telling everyone else that (a) you give up, and (b), nobody is as important as the QB, but they should all continue to play hard anyway.

But it's true, nobody is as important as the QB... that is why they practice in the red jerseys.
Well then I have a question here ,if you were winning 75-0 would ya still keep dropping Bradford back on 7 step drops and tempting a sub from another team to take a cheap shot?

JMO when the math don't work anymore it's not giving up, it's realism and pulling any and everyone you prefer to limit their chances of injury is OK.

There is not giving up because your spirit is indomitable and then there is ACTING as if your spirit is indomitable by doing injudicious symbolic things to prevent people who judge from judging you.

I can tell you I would rank players in the natural hierarchy and if anyone is coming off the field to prevent injury it's according to what I'm paying them to heal if they get hurt,traditionally the QB is the highest paid guy for a reason and for that same reason he's the first off the field when I know the game is over and we're just passing time to satisfy the clock,IOW when the math is just undeniable.
As an aside if a player is already nursing an injury ,he likely gets some priority to prevent aggravating it.

Like I said symbolism means very little to me ,when ya know the horse is dead it's not giving up to quit beating it,it's realism.

I would pull my QB out long before I'm up 75-0... but I think you meant if I was down 75-0, and then again, I'd pull my QB out long before that point.

Nah I said it right,the point was that ONCE the math is obvious there isn't really anything to gain either way from continuing to expose the QB it makes sense to pull him and let the fans think what they will .