So is Britt and Quick our only capable receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yes.....we didn't draft well...nor did we pick up UDFA's that were available....Still don't know about Stedman...But the way the ball floats outta Davis' hand, probably got a few of the guys gun-shy....

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes.....we didn't draft well...nor did we pick up UDFA's that were available....Still don't know about Stedman...But the way the ball floats outta Davis' hand, probably got a few of the guys gun-shy....
we shouldnt have have to draft any. Quick stepped up, Britt is Stepping up, the rest should be getting 1-1 coverage. Bailey suppose to be this stud. Im thinking its play calling and line i hope. Think its time to see what Hill can do

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Someone needs to step-up, Bailey is the only one I see as capable of it!!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
we shouldnt have have to draft any. Quick stepped up, Britt is Stepping up, the rest should be getting 1-1 coverage. Bailey suppose to be this stud. Im thinking its play calling and line i hope. Think its time to see what Hill can do
Who said that Bailey was supposed to be a stud? He showed potential as a good possession receiver and route runner last year, but never proved himself to be anything more than a potential #2 receiver.

V3

Hall of Fame
I still don't think we have a #1 WR on this team. Quick definitely stepped up his game this year but he's still not the kind of guy that defenses game plan for. He's the best we have, though.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bailey needs to be our primary slot man. Austin needs to be used all over, including a good amount on the outside on deep routes, not bad screens and runs up the gut. Quick and Britt are fine. Givens is Givens. Davis or any QB needs better protection and an extra second or two.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What irks me is I cannot shake the feeling that Tavon would be a star if he played for a more offensive-savvy franchise. Give that dude to Chip Kelly and he'd probably be lighting this league on fire by now.

And I do like Bailey a lot. Dude can play, put him in there and let Davis get comfortable looking for him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Someone needs to step-up, Bailey is the only one I see as capable of it!!
Bailey looks like another drafted wr that has the noted trouble of getting separation.... believe he too is missing Sam Bradford....so there's still hope...but he looks like a nice player, nothing special.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
What irks me is I cannot shake the feeling that Tavon would be a star if he played for a more offensive-savvy franchise. Give that dude to Chip Kelly and he'd probably be lighting this league on fire by now.

And I do like Bailey a lot. Dude can play, put him in there and let Davis get comfortable looking for him.
I've said this before mate, give him to Peyton manning or chip Kelly and he would be a complete beast.
Honestly, it's criminal that we're running him up the gut, how un imaginative is that.. Laughable

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Davis needs to improve his deep ball. Despite the consistent pressure, when he had the chance to throw, they were way off the receivers marker.

jap

Legend
Davis needs to improve his deep ball. Despite the consistent pressure, when he had the chance to throw, they were way off the receivers marker.

Some of this is his footwork. He needs to be able to step into his throws to maintain good accuracy. His accuracy goes South whenever he is throwing it off his back foot.

This is still a very young kid who is learning to cope with NFL caliber play. It'll be a while before he establishes some real consistency, and the OL woes are not helping his progress. We really need to starting caliber guards next season---one to start and the other to spell Beetlejuice whenever he gets banged up.

lockdnram21

Legend
I still don't think we have a #1 WR on this team. Quick definitely stepped up his game this year but he's still not the kind of guy that defenses game plan for. He's the best we have, though.
He was getting doubled the 2 gamesbefore today.Its not his fault the other receivers couldnt beat 1-1 or line or Qb not doing there job. Schotty needs to call some come back routes bailey and Quick both are good at those. We need new offensive cordinator and Fisher needs to take back over the defense like he did last year

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. I actually think our WRs are a bit more competent than people believe. The problem is that Schottenheimer isn't utilizing them well and Davis is too reliant on the deep ball.

Athos

Legend
Davis is too reliant on the deep ball.

Yes and no. The screen game doesn't seem to be apart of Shotty's vocabulary. Can't run the plays if your OC isn't putting those plays out there with the right personnel.

A slightly upgraded West Coast O that takes a few more shots than normal downfield is probably the direction the O needs to go.

lockdnram21

Legend
Nope. I actually think our WRs are a bit more competent than people believe. The problem is that Schottenheimer isn't utilizing them well and Davis is too reliant on the deep ball.
that could be it, But the only people getting open is Britt And Quick. Every time ive seen Bailey hes covered same with Tavon. What happen to the plays from Colts game. Tavon killed Man coverage

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that could be it, But the only people getting open is Britt And Quick. Every time ive seen Bailey hes covered same with Tavon. What happen to the plays from Colts game. Tavon killed Man coverage

I have a feeling they're not as covered as people think. But I'd have to check the film on that.

jap

Legend

. . . but AD doesn't have the big arm to sling the rock out there on a rope before a guy gets covered up. Besides, throwing off his back foot or unbalanced on the run disrupts his accuracy. He really needs to invest some serious time building up his overall strength this offseason.

lockdnram21

Legend
. . . but AD doesn't have the big arm to sling the rock out there on a rope before a guy gets covered up. Besides, throwing off his back foot or unbalanced on the run disrupts his accuracy. He really needs to invest some serious time building up his overall strength this offseason.
If what your saying is true then hes not the Qb for this team and Hill needs to be in there

V3

Hall of Fame
He was getting doubled the 2 gamesbefore today.Its not his fault the other receivers couldnt beat 1-1 or line or Qb not doing there job. Schotty needs to call some come back routes bailey and Quick both are good at those. We need new offensive cordinator and Fisher needs to take back over the defense like he did last year
I've seen times where he's doubled and times when he's not. He could very well be a #1 WR and other things are holding him back. Poor play calling, bad QB or O-line play, no one else drawing defenders, etc. could all be reasons he's not putting up huge numbers. It would be nice to see what the real issue is here but that's only going to happen if we get a new OC, QB, and/or O-line. I just see little things here and there that lead me to feel that he's more of a good #2. I could be wrong, though.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Umm...everytime AD dropped back.. he was running for his life.. so, there's that.