So how much did jerra have to pay the officials?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It's known as The Blandino Effect. Invite the head of officials onto your team bus full of booze and hookers and good things happen for your team.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's known as The Blandino Effect. Invite the head of officials onto your team bus full of booze and hookers and good things happen for your team.
See, the problem is that the booze and hookers in St. Louis aren't good enough!

L.A. has much better booze and hookers!

(KIDDING! Really!)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
See, the problem is that the booze and hookers in St. Louis aren't good enough!

L.A. has much better booze and hookers!

(KIDDING! Really!)
The booze is just as good in STL! Don't know about the hookers! :)

Debacled

Starter
I really don't see a penalty on the play. Its not like Pettigrew would have been able to stop and come back to the ball, and it went off the defender's shoulder. He was falling backwards trying to twist around for the ball

We saw something similar in one of the Rams games this year as well, called PI and after a conference they picked it up because the defender got hit in the back with the ball and didn't really do anything to the receiver.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Marshall going at it with Irvin on the call.

Winner = Marshall
Oh, I would love to see that. Marshall is still sooo pissed about SB 36 - he knows what's going on, but has to keep his mouth closed.

fearsomefour

Legend
My son who is a Lions fan had been saying this all week. The Lions would have a key call or two go against them then implode....which is pretty much what happened. The 2 flags keeping the Cowboys go ahead score going were good calls....the picking up of a flag after the call was announced, that was a new one.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, Jerry and the Refs can eat a bag of ding dongs (not made by Hostess)!!!!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The NFL pays officials $180K per year. That's plenty to get them to change a few calls, or overlook some. C'mon, it's just entertainment. Everyone gets rich, the public gets 3hours to forget about their shitty lives.... Who gets hurt?

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I hate the Lions, but they got screwed. Then the officials have the nerve to call PI on the Lions a few plays later for almost no contact at all.
Agree on the Dallass OL holding, but we saw that all year with the Rams DL.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If I were into conspiracy theories, I would wonder why the flag was thrown at all...Why would it have been merely a bad no call and save all the further BS...The only comments I would kind of totally disagree with are the ones that ask "Well, what about the obvious holding calls that weren't made " ??? They exist on nearly every play in a NFL game...Hardly the stuff that would reek of fix...JMHO, of course...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
the NFL is making me sick. the corruption is so obvious but nobody cares. I should just skip the rest of the playoffs. talent is obviously secondary to winning games in the NFL. whoevers in the refs pocket wins. like I'm watching WWE

You implying the WWE is rigged?!?!?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I really don't see a penalty on the play. Its not like Pettigrew would have been able to stop and come back to the ball, and it went off the defender's shoulder. He was falling backwards trying to twist around for the ball

We saw something similar in one of the Rams games this year as well, called PI and after a conference they picked it up because the defender got hit in the back with the ball and didn't really do anything to the receiver.

Yeah but that won't fit the whole "The NFL is fixed see look at that play" narrative that I wish would just go away.

I wonder what Lions fans would be saying if this was flip flopped and it was a Dallas TE and a Detroit LB involved in the play.

I'll go out on a limb and say they'd be labeling it a good no call.

duckhunter

Starter
Early in the year the 'league owned' announcers and ex-ref explainers of rules, called the DB not turning to look for the ball, 'face guarding', and such action was explained as an automatic penalty. The explanation is the defender makes no attempt to catch/battle for the ball much less locate the ball, result penalty. From the beginning of the season to now, those explanations and jurisprudence of the rule has been watered down to the mess you saw yesterday.

However, once an infraction rule has been called and penalty assessed, any subsequent actions becomes very suspect as to intent and who interjected and for what reasons.

I'm sure the league will come up with some humdinger, believable or not.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
:wtf: Never seen a penalty actually announced by ref and then called no penalty.
Used to happen on a regular basis in 49er games back in the bribing owner/Steve Young cheating the salary cap days. How soon people forget.

Just one of the many examples was the 1998-1999 playoff game 49ers v. Falcons:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2br8jtVDQw

Relevant play is at 52:30 on the video, or 2:00 left in the 2nd quarter. Referee announces Falcons ball, they go to commercial and when come back, magically 49ers ball again. Sorry but critics of today's officiating don't understand what b.s. is compared to what they used to do in 49er games back in the day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How come Jerruh didn't pay them the previous FOUR years when his team went 8-8 or 6-10 and fell apart every December.

How come he didn't pay them during the last SEVEN post season trips the Cowboys made where they have only won 2 games?

Seriously guys.......

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The ref threw the flag for PI... and it was blatant PI.

Then Dez runs out onto the middle of the fucking field (Dez plays offense and was not involved in the play) and proceeds to unload on the officiating crew with reckless abandon. Yeah, I guess that's totally acceptable for cowgirl players.

So they pick up the flag and tell everyone that there really was no penalty (penalties).

My eyes know exactly what I saw. TOTAL BULLSHIT.

There is no integrity in NFL officiating.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've been on a flag soapbox... Game changing penalty calls that aren't clear penalties.

Hate it!

This was the opposite. A penalty flag, on an actual penalty, picked up changes the game.
Add in the fact, it took sooo long before they picked up the Flag!! What, was Jerra Haggling over the price on the fix!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If I were into conspiracy theories, I would wonder why the flag was thrown at all...Why would it have been merely a bad no call and save all the further BS...The only comments I would kind of totally disagree with are the ones that ask "Well, what about the obvious holding calls that weren't made " ??? They exist on nearly every play in a NFL game...Hardly the stuff that would reek of fix...JMHO, of course...
The flag was picked up because NFL HQ told them to. You know, that new Officiating Center they built with TV and Audio contact with all of the games and refs? They control influence the outcomes. That's why they build it!

Last edited: