So, how many ‘deep playoff run’ NFC teams are there, anyway?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Rams want to be a deep playoff team they'll have to figure out how to handle the pressure when defenses send extra pass rushers. I hope it wasn't a case of another blue print after the Miami debacle.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
At the halfway point, who knows? It's more than a safe bet none of the NFC East teams get there. The North? Green Bay has a cake schedule, so far and for the rest of the season. But Rodgers is Rodgers. The Saints, like someone said, get close but they've got Brees, Kamara and Thomas and not much after that. Tampa is everybody's darling (and we all know why) but a little luster came off of them last week. Seattle with Wilson is always a threat but I agree their defense can get lit up. All it takes in the postseason is one off game by Wilson. Arizona is in the running but they're only 3-3 outside the division. The Rams? Let's see how things develop with them, starting with this week. Win and they're right back near the top of the contenders. Lose and we're in trouble.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams want to be a deep playoff team they'll have to figure out how to handle the pressure when defenses send extra pass rushers. I hope it wasn't a case of another blue print after the Miami debacle.
They'll handle it. The outlets are there it's just execution. After Miami they'll be very well drilled and ready to execute.

I really feel like the key for us is expansion of Goff's weapons. He's two-deep in wideouts he can count on, and needs Jefferson to win that third job. That should really help him. Also I think Akers coming online is gonna help.

The players matter IMO. Hopefully come the playoffs we'll be in and our offense will be a lot harder to scheme because of a greater depth of options than they had in the early sched.

TexasRam

Legend
At the halfway point, who knows? It's more than a safe bet none of the NFC East teams get there. The North? Green Bay has a cake schedule, so far and for the rest of the season. But Rodgers is Rodgers. The Saints, like someone said, get close but they've got Brees, Kamara and Thomas and not much after that. Tampa is everybody's darling (and we all know why) but a little luster came off of them last week. Seattle with Wilson is always a threat but I agree their defense can get lit up. All it takes in the postseason is one off game by Wilson. Arizona is in the running but they're only 3-3 outside the division. The Rams? Let's see how things develop with them, starting with this week. Win and they're right back near the top of the contenders. Lose and we're in trouble.

Wilson has had 2 “off games”

Same amount as Goff in my book. But it’s debatable that the play calling in Miami was Goffs fault.

Our deep playoff run will mostly come down to Mcvay and Staley. We have the horses.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Four likely NFC teams fighting for the NFC Championship game would be:
#1-Saints
#2-Seahawks
#3-Packers
#4-Bucs

Saints vs Seahawks going at it in the end.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
IMO it comes down to Goff and how he deals with teams taking away what McVay wants to do and if the line is not performing its best. He needs to be better than the QB who needs everything around him to be perfect for the Rams to win. He needs to gut wins out like the Saints NFC title game. All D coordinators know the key to beating the Rams is rattling Goff. Our defense is good enough just need first half consistency. Our Special Teams needs to be more consistent overall. And McVay needs to stick with the run when its working or at least to keep defenses honest. We have the potential to win it all

All this! Perfectly said

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Wilson has had 2 “off games”

Same amount as Goff in my book. But it’s debatable that the play calling in Miami was Goffs fault.

Our deep playoff run will mostly come down to Mcvay and Staley. We have the horses.

Totally agree.

McVay needs to show that he is a championship strategist and play caller. Didn't see anything close to that against Miami, however badly Goff or others may have played.

Staley is well on his way to being an exceptional defensive coach but he will need to show it in the big games too.

As between the offense and the defense, the offense needs to be consistent but the D is the key to a championship.