Snead & co are crushing it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
On the risk reward and big splash moves. Does anybody else think the Cabo story sounds fishy. I mean, they were already dissing Goff before the end of the season and after the last game the statements made were ominous.
I can't remember the name of the guy, but I think he was our head of Scouting. He had moved on to Detroit. I think Detroit new Stafford was wanting out by then and that info was leaked to the Rams. I think McSnead already new they were going to do what ever it took to get Stafford.

Perhaps a dual conspiracy involving Holmes & Snead while Whitworth and Stafford were engaging in some crafty tricks of their own ?
:hush:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Perhaps a dual conspiracy involving Holmes & Snead while Whitworth and Stafford were engaging in some crafty tricks of their own ?
:hush:
I am just saying, the way McSnead treated Goff at the end of the season makes me wonder what they already new. On the other hand, maybe there is no reason to make up the story to begin with. :laugh2:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I am just saying, the way McSnead treated Goff at the end of the season makes me wonder what they already new. On the other hand, maybe there is no reason to make up the story to begin with. :laugh2:

The timing at that Mexican resort did appear rather unusual, and Snead, Holmes, McVay, Stafford & Whitworth all come across as pretty clever guys, so ...
hell, maybe it was the wives just doing their due diligence. :biggrin:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I commend the Rams with trying to pay those they think deserve it. I believe it is one reason players want to come here. They were wrong on Gurley, Goff and Cooks. They were right on AD, Ramsey, Woods, Kupp and Floyd. What is really great is that they admit they are wrong, cut bait and try to fix it as fast as they can. Pretty good at that. They could have just lived with it like most teams and let it hold them back from going where they want to go.
The Rams make fast decisions and implement them at warp speed (at least for an organization.) They are also ruthless.

Two of my favorite examples are both key acquisitions at the expense of the Niners:

Hiring McVay in a flash before he could get around to interviewing with SF.

Trading for Stafford on Saturday night when Shanahan thought he had until the next day to make a better offer.

Hello, Trey Lance...

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The timing at that Mexican resort did appear rather unusual, and Snead, Holmes, McVay, Stafford & Whitworth all come across as pretty clever guys, so ...
hell, maybe it was the wives just doing their due diligence. :biggrin:
It was definitely a conspiracy. Certainly between McVay and Stafford and Whitworth. And it was an insider deal with Holmes.

Better stop before Congress gets involved...

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm 100% sure we'll get all the hows and whys and more dirt in the future biography "McBae: How the Youngest Head Coach in NFL History (along with a 237-game win streak when leading after halftime) Won 7 Super Bowls." ;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea at this point I think re-signing Allen and Corbett is paramount. Possibly Noteboom too just to keep consistency. That returns everyone save for Whit and DJax next year

I'm a huge SJD and DWill fan but I'd prioritize the OL first and see if we can find room for them after. We have DL depth and BB will take over for SJD.

Then we would need to focus on pretty much all defense with some OL sprinkled in for the draft. CB, ILB and OL

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed - they are doing great building this team annually. It’s a great time to be a Ram fan.

You could look at it differently/negatively though and say that there moves with the $40m dead weight in cap has prevented this team from being truly dominant and winning a SB or two (extra OL, DL, LB). I’m not saying that (well technically I just did lol), just saying the glass half empty guy could look at it that way.
Totally fair.. but, solving the QB thing is tough in this league and doing that was the biggest driver of the dead money on this year's cap, so I don't view it that way, in this case. I think it's a strong statement of their ability to build a roster.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Revisiting..

Repeated Niners losses make me lose my shit... and if the Rams end up losing in the playoffs because they get physically dominated.. we'll really have to look hard and long at what they're doing. Everything from what they're drafting to how they're practicing.

That being said...

What the Rams *planned*... really is impressive and has fantastic results.
Seeing Akers last week was really eye-opening... he's a fucking skeleton key for this offense. He's a Marshall Faulk Lite... and changes so much. The Rams offense, with a healthy Akers, is competing for highest scoring team in the NFL.

We saw what they looked like on D with Jones. They managed to not only survive losing a starting D lineman.. they uncovered one who is playing even better. Howard contributing and Burgess contributing, if they keep it up, are great signs.

I think this off-season will be all about how much they want to play extreme games with the cap. There are several players I would extend to create space to keep most of their FAs. I'm 100% fine with a shit year 5 years down the road to clear cap space for another year with most of this roster intact.

The possibility of returning almost the entire defense is very, very exciting. Would be even better if they did that and kept Morris, imo.

They really need an RB who can take up a bunch of Michel's carries if they don't re-sign him.. because they can't count on Henderson. I don't think that's Funk.. but.. who knows?

Just thinking about next season in the empty time before tomorrow.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
2018 draft class…
Noteboom, Allen & Howard started & excelled.
Obo contributed.
SJD could be back next week.