Snaps vs WAS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Offense
20231218_074831.jpg

Defense
20231218_074923.jpg

ST
Screenshot_20231218_074746_Drive.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-It's nice to have Lake back out there.
-I hope they continue to spell Higbee with Allen. Keeps Higbee fresh, and Allen looks promising.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Offensive Line has been really solid since the bye. No one's talking about them so you know they're playing well. The push on running plays has been impressive.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
What about our new long snapper, Tinker? Did a fine job in a position that never gets any glory but sure gets the blame when they do their job wrong!

Our regular long snapper (Ward is it?) was placed on IR after last weeks game.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I noticed that 3 of our Safeties (Fuller, Johnson and Lake) played over 90% of the snaps.
What kind of defense were we playing to accumulate these snap counts?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Boy.. Yeast has dropped off.

And Nick Hampton getting a good amount of snaps!

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I noticed that 3 of our Safeties (Fuller, Johnson and Lake) played over 90% of the snaps.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Nickel.

Lake is playing "star" most of the time but alsowith a S as LBer or "money backer" when they
were going 3 CBs but I need to look closer when All-22 comes out.
2023-12-18_10-17-17.jpg

Here is a 4-safety look, Lake is the star, Yeast is the money backer
2023-12-18_10-22-08.jpg

Here is more of a base defense look with Lake, basically playing LBer ... but you could call it star since
star is a multiple role thing
2023-12-18_10-26-38.jpg

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend

~ArkyRamsFan~
Dan might be better able to comment but I think Lake might be playing big nickel a lot.

And there he is! Right above me.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Dan might be better able to comment but I think Lake might be playing big nickel a lot.

And there he is! Right above me.
Yeah, it's the big nickel or "star" --- the star, can be anyone, it's just the position ... Ramsey played it a lot, last year Durant, did, too. Durant played a lot of it this year, too. But there is one shot where Lake is really playing LBer in the base... but it's just a nomenclature thing.

Since the so-called star can be a lot of things is he a LBer? a safety playing LBer? A Star?

But IMO you are right, it's a safety playing slot rather than a cornerback -- the old big nickel. Ramsey was usful because he was a big CB. With Durant, in some games they went with him, he's going to be small and if they want to go big they have to replace him. With Ramsey it could be the same guy in both instances.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
As far as I could tell Yeast played only in what I think is called "money backer" He was the dime linebacker... blitzed off the edge a a few times... but again, need to see All-22 ... cannot get all the details off of TV copy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

~ArkyRamsFan~
The safety depth is better than the Corner depth.

And Nick Hampton getting a good amount of snaps!
once JJ and Lake started playing more we saw Yeast getting fewer snaps
Nickel.

Lake is playing "star" most of the time but alsowith a S as LBer or "money backer" when they
were going 3 CBs but I need to look closer when All-22 comes out.View attachment 62983

View attachment 62984

Here is more of a base defense look with Lake, basically playing LBer ... but you could call it star since
View attachment 62985

Yeah, it's the big nickel or "star" --- the star, can be anyone, it's just the position ... Ramsey played it a lot, last year Durant, did, too. Durant played a lot of it this year, too. But there is one shot where Lake is really playing LBer in the base... but it's just a nomenclature thing.

Since the so-called star can be a lot of things is he a LBer? a safety playing LBer? A Star?

But IMO you are right, it's a safety playing slot rather than a cornerback -- the old big nickel. Ramsey was usful because he was a big CB. With Durant, in some games they went with him, he's going to be small and if they want to go big they have to replace him. With Ramsey it could be the same guy in both instances.
If you follow Jourdan Rodrigue, you may recall that she reported the Rams were trying to teach Durant the Star position, along with Tomlinson. Neither was working out how they hoped. Lake came in and took to it instantly.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

If you follow Jourdan Rodrigue, you may recall that she reported the Rams were trying to teach Durant the Star position, along with Tomlinson. Neither was working out how they hoped. Lake came in and took to it instantly.
1. Yes, agree
2. Yeast, IMO, got benched late in GB game showing poor ball skills. Kind of like last straw. Lake took over, then got hurt. Now back but Johnson took over for Lake ... though some details in that--some nuance. Yeast then got snaps at money backer and star, if memory serves.
3. yes. However, it's a matchup thing with Durant. He's been star a lot (see yellow highlighted -- all those can be fairly called "star") but was hurt a couple of weeks and this week Rams went with Lake as a bigger "star"
2023-12-18_11-02-03.jpg

Also, yes. Tomlinson, agree they may have wanted him to learn the star and hasn't work out but he
cannot get on the field as a wide/outside guy much either.

WestCoastRam

Legend

FWIW, I believe that's accurate about Durant but Tomlinson has always been practicing at outside corner/boundary.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Tomlinson has always been practicing at outside corner/boundary.
I think you're right on that. There were draft reports that were projecting him as either wide or slot guy, but now that you mention it... I cannot recall any camp reports that said he was inside.

jap

Legend

 Cobie Durant needs to muscle up period! I don't even care about him playing the Star role; he needs to be a more physical presence on the field with sounder tackling techniques. It will make him a much more well-rounded CB.

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Wow the Rams really seem to have a crap ton of personnel groupings on D. Complex.

I was trying to add up all the star groupings, while Rozeboom still got 53%….

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FWIW, I believe that's accurate about Durant but Tomlinson has always been practicing at outside corner/boundary.
I based that off of one of Jourdan’s reports around midseason. She said the Rams were trying to teach Tomlinson the star position to back up Durant but it wasn’t working out.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Nickel.

were going 3 CBs but I need to look closer when All-22 comes out.View attachment 62983

View attachment 62984

View attachment 62985
Yeah, I can see that we were in nickel a lot. My question is why?

Unless it just comes down to the Rams want to get their best players on the field and Quentin Lake is one of 'em.
So they played the nickel more than usual to accomplish that plan.

~ArkyRamsFan~