Smartphones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I finally gave up my flip phone about 18 months ago. I really only needed a phone, but the things my iPhone can do makes me not want to go back. I love to not have to be at a computer to make an EBay bid. Texting and adding photos from other sites is sweet too. There's much more but you are all familiar with them so I won't get into it.

One very annoying feature of the iPhone is th a you cannot upgrade memory. I took mine back to AT&T and asked them for a new SIM card because I always had to be deleting photos and apps. He said that I can't add storage. When my wife and I switched to AT&T they never told me that you can't upgrade the storage capacity/memory. They also didn't tell me that my wife's phone had a much larger capacity than mine. Amy's has 4x the space that mine does.

'Ya think!?
Just messin' with ya bud.

What model do you have? Unless it's really old, seems like you should have enough space, unless you take a LOT of pics.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
'Ya think!?
Just messin' with ya bud.

What model do you have? Unless it's really old, seems like you should have enough space, unless you take a LOT of pics.

I believe it's a 5. I think they snickered me by saying we were both getting the same phone. I had to delete a bunch of apps to stop getting the message. I don't take many photos but overtime they add up, so I delete them routinely.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I had that same problem with my 6 - 16 gigs just wasn't enough space, without occasionally deleting photos.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Specs:
  • 6.4-inch OLED screen
  • 16-megapixel and 20-megapixel dual camera
  • 25-megapixel front-facing camera (with face unlock)
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
  • 8GB RAM
  • Up to 256GB of storage
  • Color OS 5.1 on top of Android
  • VOOC fast charging

It's very cool and very powerful, but will cost a grand. So I won't be getting one, but I do like the camera feature.

I'm finally used to my S9, and I plan to keep it for awhile but if that phone hit the market I would check it out though probably not buy it. I'm a big Samsung fan, and have used their phones going back to the S3.

I think I agree with you that they are all kind of the same these days.

Looks really good, but I have a concern.

I don't trust small motors on mobile devices. That "rise-up" that has to work in order to unlock the phone? Well, if that malfunctions in any way, it's either stuck in the up position or your phone is a brick.

Also, how are they gonna make cases for that? the bezel on most cases would block the camera and sensors, so...

I love where they're going with solving these problems, I just don't know if they're there, yet.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Today's generation will never experience the joy of playing with the phone cord while talking on the phone

giphy.gif

Or tripping over the kitchen cord that was so long and stretched out that it formed a pile under the phone...

You always knew someone tripped on it because someone was swearing in the kitchen...LOL.