Should Los Angeles Rams Fans Be Thrilled About Their New Kicker? Analyst Says Yes!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good news is Karty can hit the 60+ yarders too. I think he's going to be a really good one for us.

Aguayo was overrated. I tried telling people that. In college, he was near automatic inside 40 and very average beyond it. Lacked a big leg. There were plenty of NFL guys who could give you that sort of production. He went 4-11 beyond 40 yards as a rookie and mentally crumbled.
You know if you look back at Les Snead & The Rams scouting for kickers.It is fairly impressive.

Mcvay & Snead sort of kicked the can last season.Losing Matt Gay made it difficult to replace.

IMO Karty was an excellent choice.There is a beauty to The WHOLE PUZZLE!!!

Last year The Rams long snapper Alex Ward got hurt.Then Ethan Evan’s never held before.Ethan Evan’s squats more than any Ram Player.He has gotten better at holding .He never held before as a punter(kickers).This New Rule should show what an excellent draft pick in 2023.

Now having Karty will only help because he knows what he likes & with Alex Ward The Rams might be like Greg the Leg & Johnny Hekker had.for all there years.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Karty looks like a stud. You never know with kickers but we have every reason to be excited about this young man and I look forward to watching him as a Ram.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Karty looks like a stud. You never know with kickers but we have every reason to be excited about this young man and I look forward to watching him as a Ram.
It was funny when his mom pulled out The Horns.The Family is going to be Super Exited.

What a Great Vibe if you want to get that feeling.Have a friend who Loves Kickers.He liked Karty The Best ,

Troy Taylor as a Punter went #122

Bama’s kicker #203 (Vikings) Will Reichard was the First Kicker Drafted

Joshua Karty went #209 to The Rams.He thinks The Rams made the right choice & sort of got lucky.

Mcvay also keeps complaining about The Wind at Cal Lutheran.
Westlake should be better for The Rams moving forward & help build Kartys confidence more.

The last thing you want is a kicker that is thinking to much.Karty is a rhythm kicker.He has the same approach every time.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
It was funny when his mom pulled out The Horns.The Family is going to be Super Exited.

What a Great Vibe if you want to get that feeling.Have a friend who Loves Kickers.He liked Karty The Best ,

Troy Taylor as a Punter went #122

Bama’s kicker #203 (Vikings) Will Reichard was the First Kicker Drafted

Joshua Karty went #209 to The Rams.He thinks The Rams made the right choice & sort of got lucky.

Mcvay also keeps complaining about The Wind at Cal Lutheran.
Westlake should be better for The Rams moving forward & help build Kartys confidence more.

The last thing you want is a kicker that is thinking to much.Karty is a rhythm kicker.He has the same approach every time.

Ya & he will only get better inside the friendly confines of Inglewood. I imagine him already out there on the "grass" getting a feel for it. This kid is focused & systematic. Great pick, glad we got him vs. Reichard, Alabama's kickers don't inspire confidence (c.f. "the Kick 6").
But surely he's also experienced with kicking outside games.... just hope he can kick well in January in Levi's stadium...
Just don't "out kick the coverage" kid!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ya & he will only get better inside the friendly confines of Inglewood. I imagine him already out there on the "grass" getting a feel for it. This kid is focused & systematic. Great pick, glad we got him vs. Reichard, Alabama's kickers don't inspire confidence (c.f. "the Kick 6").
But surely he's also experienced with kicking outside games.... just hope he can kick well in January in Levi's stadium...
Just don't "out kick the coverage" kid!!!

I'd still put Ethan Evans on the kickoff team. No offense meant to Karty, but he doesn't squat 600+.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kickers are not people so how can you be a fan of a non person :D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to have patience, he's going to have his moments. He was the best kicker in the draft, I didnt see any way he'd make it out of the 5th, if he even got that far.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Have to have patience, he's going to have his moments. He was the best kicker in the draft, I didnt see any way he'd make it out of the 5th, if he even got that far.
Same here.

The Rams have balls of steel. He wasn’t even our first pick in the 6th.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Kickers are not people so how can you be a fan of a non person :D
Well, I'd say that the majority of suffering throughout human history has been caused by man's failure to recognize the humanity in the "other". So I at least try to find the humanity in everyone.

Except for Lucas Havrisik, of course

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'd say that the majority of suffering throughout human history has been caused by man's failure to recognize the humanity in the "other". So I at least try to find the humanity in everyone.

Except for Lucas Havrisik, of course
Kickers are not people.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People that deny people are people aren't people
You have to wonder about people that ignore a long running joke on this site like the one I'm doing and don't get it. It's almost as bad as people who get bent out of shape about punctuation and typos.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
As for me, I'm well aware of the long-running joke, and I get it of course, it's not hard to understand.

I'm just throwing in some random philosophizing because it's the off-season and we're all bored.

Channeling some of mankind's worst instincts? It's one of the reasons I love football, frankly. Tribalism, hatred of the 'other', the urge to humiliate, to destroy? Much better on the gridiron than on the battlefield.

Nothing personal whatsoever @OldSchool, I'm just carrying on randomly...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You have to wonder about people that ignore a long running joke on this site like the one I'm doing and don't get it. It's almost as bad as people who get bent out of shape about punctuation and typos.

Remember, blue font is your friend. Your very sarcastic friend. :p