Shane Vereen on the market?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Some in Boston have said he could actually be cut this year :shock:

Im not sure it realistic at all. You just dont get rid your 2nd round pick this soon. More realistically I think they put him on IR, despite the lack of a real injury, and see what he can do next year.

Here is some roto commentary:
The Boston Globe now suggests injured rookie Shane Vereen is indeed in danger of not being on the Patriots' final 53-man roster.

Vereen basically hasn't done anything in camp, and he's buried in an extremely crowded backfield. "The second round pick seems to be a cut-worthy candidate without any practice or game action to go on," says Boston.com blogger Zuri Berry. The Patriots probably won't give up on Vereen, but the "redshirt" possibility of placing him on injured reserve is a realistic scenario.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I played football with him in High School, since we went to the same school.. He was a year younger though.

Anyway, he was pretty good, but I never really saw him as anything special. I dunno why, I don't think he would really fit that well with us. Especially since we got Williams to be our number 2.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Never understood why they even drafted 2 RBs that early. They already had Woodhead and Green-Ellis, but Ridley has had played very well for them in preseason so far. Id be shocked if they cut Vereen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
I played football with him in High School, since we went to the same school.. He was a year younger though.

Anyway, he was pretty good, but I never really saw him as anything special. I dunno why, I don't think he would really fit that well with us. Especially since we got Williams to be our number 2.
what high school/ really?

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

Valencia High School.

We had another guy Manual White go to the pro's, but he spent a season on the Redskins and never really hacked it. Our rival High School, Hart High, was the school that Kyle Boller went to (was was cool for a few weeks when he was on the Rams... Until I saw him play)... My little brother had a teacher last year who was Matt Moore's mother. I'm not sure if he went to school out here though...

The one year I played football, we went to the championship game where we got crushed. By none other than Mark Sanchez. But on the plus side Sanchez only threw two interceptions that entire year. And I got one of them in the championship game.

Still lost pretty bad though.

Jimmy Claussen was about 40 minutes from us too, I met him once. Huge prick. My friend had his phone number and I took her phone to made fun of him draft day with texts.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

Valencia High School.

We had another guy Manual White go to the pro's, but he spent a season on the Redskins and never really hacked it. Our rival High School, Hart High, was the school that Kyle Boller went to (was was cool for a few weeks when he was on the Rams... Until I saw him play)... My little brother had a teacher last year who was Matt Moore's mother. I'm not sure if he went to school out here though...

The one year I played football, we went to the championship game where we got crushed. By none other than Mark Sanchez. But on the plus side Sanchez only threw two interceptions that entire year. And I got one of them in the championship game.

Jimmy Claussen was about 40 minutes from us too, I met him once. Huge prick. My friend had his phone number and I took her phone to made fun of him draft day with texts.
Sanchez was mentored by Bob Johnson, Brett and Rob's dad, at Mission Viejo. Very familiar. My coworker had a son that played with my son in Jr All American's All-Star team. Brian Johnson, who transferred from Long Beach Poly to Los Alamitos.

I ran track and played football against Valencia as a freshman, but after that they were out of our schedule. Were you a DB or S? I was a DB, WR, and RB. I also returned punts and kicks, and played on every special team. I anchored our 440 and mile relay on track, among other events.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:
DR RAM said:
bluecoconuts said:

Valencia High School.

Sanchez was mentored by Bob Johnson, Brett and Rob's dad, at Mission Viejo. Very familiar. My coworker had a son that played with my son in Jr All American's All-Star team. Brian Johnson, who transferred from Long Beach Poly to Los Alamitos.

I ran track and played football against Valencia as a freshman, but after that they were out of our schedule. Were you a DB or S? I was a DB, WR, and RB. I also returned punts and kicks, and played on every special team. I anchored our 440 and mile relay on track, among other events.

I was a WR and a S. Usually in the FS spot. I had a pretty decent ability to read the QB and bait them into throws I could pick off. On offense I'd run mostly 9 routes and the QB would throw deep. That's actually what lost us the championship against Mission Viejo, their DB's were all 5+ inches taller than us, so they would just go up and intercept it. I kept saying we should throw underneath, but nobody listened. Oh well.