Sean McVay interview with The Athletic

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
ya look at him now.... terrible as an HC for us, but as a DC? 4 rings (1 Giants / 3 Chiefs). and counting...
IMO - he wasn’t as bad as it ended up.There were some things that went against him. Wasn’t it a strike year in there ?

WestCoastRam

Legend
This guy is simply incredible. I've never listened to an interview where the interviewer and interviewee were so in tune. Great questions. Answers that could only have come from McVay. What an outstanding communicator.
I believe we are in an era that will be looked back on as one of the brightest in NFL history.
Go ahead and enshrine him now.
Robert Mays is a must listen for me, his and Nate Tice (Nate jumped to Yahoo) was the best football podcast out there the last 2-3 years followed only by Charles Robinson on Yahoo (dude would break like every story in the NFL a week or two early, no clue why he doesn't have a bigger profile).

I highly recommend listening to Charles too if he's doing camp reports this year, he's always reporting on something that ends up being a big deal in the season. Yahoo's podcast library is a mess though and they keep shuffling hosts to new shows so not sure what his schedule is anymore.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
IMO - he wasn’t as bad as it ended up.There were some things that went against him. Wasn’t it a strike year in there ?
Kevin Demoff Tweet Spagnolo

To help expand why:
1) Hired in January 2009 and team was put up for sale in spring 2009
2) Inherited team that went 3-13 in 2007 and 2-14 in 2008
3) Inherited salary cap mess in final salary cap year of CBA with restrictive rules and aging roster
4) We outperformed expectations in 2010 only to have a lockout in 2011 and have no offseason to build upon that success
5) Hired a terrific OC in Josh McDaniels in 2011 who didnt meet players or install offense until training camp. That hampered Sam Bradford tremendously
6) New ownership was approved in August 2010 in final weeks of preseason and then had lockout preventing improvements in 2011
7) Injuries plagued team in 2011 and 23 players from that team never played another down in NFLMaybe, just maybe he deserves a real shot

I was hired after Spags was hired and our owner became the controlling owner 20 months after he was hired so this isn’t the own you think it is.He inherited an awful situation & did the best he could to make it better. We became a better organization with him as our head coach

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kevin Demoff Tweet Spagnolo

To help expand why:
1) Hired in January 2009 and team was put up for sale in spring 2009
2) Inherited team that went 3-13 in 2007 and 2-14 in 2008
3) Inherited salary cap mess in final salary cap year of CBA with restrictive rules and aging roster
4) We outperformed expectations in 2010 only to have a lockout in 2011 and have no offseason to build upon that success
5) Hired a terrific OC in Josh McDaniels in 2011 who didnt meet players or install offense until training camp. That hampered Sam Bradford tremendously
6) New ownership was approved in August 2010 in final weeks of preseason and then had lockout preventing improvements in 2011
7) Injuries plagued team in 2011 and 23 players from that team never played another down in NFLMaybe, just maybe he deserves a real shot

I was hired after Spags was hired and our owner became the controlling owner 20 months after he was hired so this isn’t the own you think it is.He inherited an awful situation & did the best he could to make it better. We became a better organization with him as our head coach

I didn’t like Shutmer,but he did alright. I yelled at him after the game coming across the field at Candlestick.Bradfords first season & he lost it for them.3rd & 1 should have just run a quick QB sneak of Saffold.Basic football.
—Still Spags tried to. Hangs the culture,but Mcvay pound for pound is a lot better all around coach & there’s not even a debate about it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ya look at him now.... terrible as an HC for us, but as a DC? 4 rings (1 Giants / 3 Chiefs). and counting...
Spagnoulo is definitely a better DC than he was a HC

Robert Mays is a must listen for me, his and Nate Tice (Nate jumped to Yahoo) was the best football podcast out there the last 2-3 years followed only by Charles Robinson on Yahoo (dude would break like every story in the NFL a week or two early, no clue why he doesn't have a bigger profile).

I highly recommend listening to Charles too if he's doing camp reports this year, he's always reporting on something that ends up being a big deal in the season. Yahoo's podcast library is a mess though and they keep shuffling hosts to new shows so not sure what his schedule is anymore.
I like the Yahoo college football podcast better than the NFL podcast. It’s more entertaining.

I like Robinson but Fitz is a fraud. He doesn’t know the entire league. If it’s your job to talk about the NFL then make it your job to know every team thoroughly. I could do that for 8 hours a day, or even 4-6.
That’s my hang up with the PFF guys too. They miss too many details and are too focused on big market teams, even though they seem to claim knowledge of every team. Recently, they said the Rams could easily upgrade at OLT from free agency right now, but didn’t name a single OLT they could get.

The Athletic was my favorite but the new Inside the NFL has taken its place.