Scouts take on Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We don't need him to. We need solid QB play. Let's hope Foles can provide that. He is coming from a system that made Mark Sanchez look competent.

That could be a bad thing. If that system made Sanchez look good, was it the system that made Foles look good? Hope not.

FRO

Legend
I think the goal should be to build a kick butt offensive line and rely on the run game. We have some good young backs. Foles is better than Hill and Davis and with a better run game we should win more. Don't expect a replication of Foles 2013 season. Just hope he can be a Brad Johnson Alex Smith type.

We also have to hope our defense shows up week one. They are a hyped unit, but were horrible in the first half of the year.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Agreed. If he plays 16 games and doesn't lose games like Davis and Hill did last season then we've got our stop-gap solution. If he plays very well we look to extend him.

Would rather have a healthy Sam because at this point he's a better QB, but this defense is ready to win a playoff game or two NOW. We just need Foles to come in strong, confident and healthy and make some plays and not lose games.

Well said Mojo. If the Rams fix the O line, an average QB could win a lot of games with the O talent and defense.

In 2013, Foles was every bit as productive as Wilson behind a good Eagles O line.

Foles DOES throw up some long long ducks but if Britt and Quick are both back and healthy, that's fine with me. There's some nice WR talent to be had in the draft too.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Well said Mojo. If the Rams fix the O line, an average QB could win a lot of games with the O talent and defense.

In 2013, Foles was every bit as productive as Wilson behind a good Eagles O line.

Foles DOES throw up some long long ducks but if Britt and Quick are both back and healthy, that's fine with me. There's some nice WR talent to be had in the draft too.
For me, it's clear that Foles is no where near as talented as Sam. If Sam get's healthy and plays behind a strong OL in Phily, then I predict he'll light-it-up. But we need a durable QB who can make the majority of the throws, read the D, and connect on a long one once in a while. I think we've got that. But I do wish we could have seen what Sam would have done... that would have been fun. I will miss him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The nice thing about Foles is we know when he has the pieces around him and is protected that he can play at a high level in this league. So if we consider that he's playing for a team with a defensive coach now and dial that back to above average we're still in good hands. I think his "ceiling" in this offense is not going to be 2013 but that's ok.

He's scrappy late in games. He's one of the guys and will fit nicely with this offensive roster. He throws a nice deep ball. He's accurate. He has some good talent around him. It's just up to the Rams to get the OL pieces in place and the coaching staff to scheme and coach up all the pieces to come together.

There's a chance we have a really good offense next year. I really like the new QB coach addition, and think that Cigs might be ready to be the OC. So adding Foles just increases the chances of that happening, IMO. And that's a good thing.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
"Matt Williamson, who is a former Cleveland Browns scout"

So this take on QB Nick Foles is from a Cleveland scout? Ummm