Scouting admin for the Rams -- Russ Lande (audio)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/04/08/the-sports-hub-dan-mclaughlin-russ-lande-and-berglund-interviews-sobotka/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/04/08/ ... s-sobotka/</a>

Russ Lande talks why NFL prospects stocks fall this time of year,
Rams plan in the first round, Keenan Allen, and Tavon Austin

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/4-8-lande.mp3[/mp3]

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Dude said:
BOTH? really.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
The Dude said:
BOTH? really.
lol. No. The topics are Keenan Allen, Tavon Austin, and the Rams' plans in the first round.

We kinda have our Keenan Allen in Austin Pettis. imo
Let Pettis keep growing in our system and let another team draft Allen.
Especially after Allen ran a 4.7/40yd dash.

btw
Pettis has incredible hands too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Pettis has 57 career receptions in two seasons. I'm not sure how anyone knows what we've got in Austin Pettis yet.

I like K.Allen for the Rams(especially if he falls to #22),he's an outside guy and would compete with B.Quick.
For the Rams to simply hand over the position to Quick without any legit competition would be foolish IMO.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Allen with a 4.7 40 scares me. either not healthy or is just not that fast. austin is my pic we need fast quick recievers.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
mojorizen7 said:
Pettis has 57 career receptions in two seasons. I'm not sure how anyone knows what we've got in Austin Pettis yet.

I like K.Allen for the Rams(especially if he falls to #22),he's an outside guy and would compete with B.Quick.
For the Rams to simply hand over the position to Quick without any legit competition would be foolish IMO.

I dont like Allen at all I dont even see him with 1st rd value. Would much rather see us get hunter in the 2nd or Bailey in the 3rd and skip Allen altogether

mojorizen7 said:
Pettis has 57 career receptions in two seasons.
I'm not sure how anyone knows what we've got in Austin Pettis yet.

Well, we know Pettis was 4 TDs in 6 catches in the RZ - ranking amongst the highest in the NFL. iirc
So, he can catch TDs when we get close...we know that! ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
mojorizen7 said:

Well, we know Pettis was 4 TDs in 6 catches in the RZ - ranking amongst the highest in the NFL. iirc
We'll know what we have in Austin this year. 2011 was a nightmare for everyone involved with this team. Bringing in a new coordinator during a truncated offseason screwed up everything. The transition might have been easier if the new OC was of the same philosophy as the old OC, but that wasn't the case obviously. So we had returning players learning something new, and rookies learning what was aptly described as one of the harder offenses in the league. Zero chemistry.

Again -- with no offseason to prepare.
Add in the injuries, and it was zero chemistry².

Pettis couldn't showcase shit that year. He was just trying to figure out the freaking playbook. So, essentially, last year was his first go-around. Fisher says you learn what you have in the second year. That means that Pettis, Bradford, Kendricks, Givens and Quick will all break out this year. Collectively. Like a goddamn vortex of awesomeness.

Check yourself, NFCW. The Rams are gonna be all up in your grill in 2013.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Dude said:
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
mojorizen7 said:

We'll know what we have in Austin this year. 2011 was a nightmare for everyone involved with this team. Bringing in a new coordinator during a truncated offseason screwed up everything. The transition might have been easier if the new OC was of the same philosophy as the old OC, but that wasn't the case obviously. So we had returning players learning something new, and rookies learning what was aptly described as one of the harder offenses in the league. Zero chemistry.

Again -- with no offseason to prepare.
Add in the injuries, and it was zero chemistry².

Pettis couldn't showcase shyte that year. He was just trying to figure out the freaking playbook. So, essentially, last year was his first go-around. Fisher says you learn what you have in the second year. That means that Pettis, Bradford, Kendricks, Givens and Quick will all break out this year. Collectively. Like a goddamn vortex of awesomeness.

Check yourself, NFCW. The Rams are gonna be all up in your grill in 2013.

YEAH! THAT!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
mojorizen7 said:

Agreed SunTzu.. Pettis was most satisfactory in RZ last year. He also made some clutch catches on 3rd down. I look forward to see him mature more this year and get better. I could be wrong, but I see more upside to come from him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I love how Pettis catches. I think his range is really underrated, if you get the ball near him 9 times out of 10 he's coming down with it. I watched all of his targets to him last year (thanks again for those Paul) and he was the ony that would often have a 100% catch to target rate. Very few balls weren't caught by him, and he does a good job down low. Perfect to move the chains, and be a target in the redzone. He has more range than people realize. Dude is going to be big next year, and may lead the team in TD's, mark my words.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mojorizen7 said:

Finally! I like Allen too.

I understand the concern with the knee and speed, but if the knee is okay this guy is a polished receiver.

For me; I grab Austin if he's there at 16. If he's not, I take another player then Allen at 22.

F. Mulder

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:

I understand the concern with the knee and speed, but if the knee is okay this guy is a polished receiver.

For me; I grab Austin if he's there at 16. If he's not, I take another player then Allen at 22.

CGI- I think I'm in the minority regarding this board's overall view of him but I like Allen too. I don't know about 22 but if there were a trade back and he were there I'd be fine with him. I like Allen, Hopkins, and Woods as guys who can step in and contribute from day 1.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
F. Mulder said:
CGI_Ram said:
mojorizen7 said:

CGI- I think I'm in the minority regarding this board's overall view of him but I like Allen too. I don't know about 22 but if there were a trade back and he were there I'd be fine with him. I like Allen, Hopkins, and Woods as guys who can step in and contribute from day 1.

Mojo
Mulder
CGI

We have room on the Allen bandwagon!